Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 PM
& the Muttly Crew

If the hot border collie guy here ever breaks up with his gf, you three are drawing straws and I'll introduce the winner :P

I met hubby in college -- we were both part of a volunteer group though that's not how things actually started...I wouldn't have been able to pick him out of crowd. But we had a mutual friend as a result of that and ended up meeting that way. I was very, very happy as a single but he asked me out and lured me in with tickets to a musical I wanted to see :P

But there have been guys I've met post-college that I would date if I weren't happily married lol. Mostly through getting involved in hobbies...my aquariums, dog sports, hiking, etc., mutual connections through those things. My only real advice is be the person you want to be and embrace the life you want to live and you're likely to meet someone special or at least make some amazing new friends. Anyone you meet while forcing yourself to do stuff you don't like just to meet someone is far less likely to be a good match, IMO.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13
Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

Volunteer somewhere! Then the people you meet will have good hearts and shared interest
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Oh man is this thread made for me or what? No advice here... But I feel your pain haha
I don't drink,I don't like bars. I am not into most things people my age are, I've been told I have an old soul pretty much my whole life. I tell everyone I am waiting for my age to catch up to my age but friends and family try to hook me up all the time.

Best and most recently... I was talked into Christian mingle. A guy from my church (I didn't even know he existed) messages me on there and then asked around at church and learned my real name, added me on Facebook. Long story short, he ended up stalking me and when I broke it off he in a backhanded way threatened me by admitting that he raped someone and I had to block him from my phone, computer, everything and my brother had to tell him to leave and stop coming to my house, and if he did again I'd call the cops. Because he kept showing up at my work and would pull in the driveway behind me, blocking me in 10 secs after I pulled in the driveway getting home from work. He was watching me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
If I meet a pair of agility twins I will totally send one your way LOL. And yeah I have a list of breeds it's cool if he has, LMAO.

My mom has been trying to set me up with this guy at her work for years. One day she texted me "So-and-so said he was up for meeting you." I asked her how exactly this came up and she said she literally CHASED HIM DOWN through the hall and said "So I have this daughter."
It gets better because she then told him "She has a lot of trouble meeting guys."
*headdesk*

Don't even get me started on the guys my aunt wants me to date... including one guy she never even talked to but she sees him at church all the time and "he just looks so nice." YOU'VE NEVER EVEN TALKED TO HIM. AUGH.
Single forever. >=|
I guess triplets would be out of the question? lol
My mom and your mom must be twins! She is so desperate to hook me up with someone it's so embarrassing and annoying. She chased down a mainentence guy at my work I nearly died of embarrassment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I can meet guys I like... that are already taken. I'm not horribly interested in looking at the moment though actually. I am pretty content being single and I'm not sure if I ever see myself not being single.

But I think my family will not give up trying to hook me up with random people constantly.
This. We'll be out somewhere and the guy that I "click" with will be engaged or something. Thanks a lot jerk keep your eyes and hands to yourself I am not "THAT girl"
i also attract seniors and lesbians LOL
but I am sooo with you, when/if it happens, it happens. I don't understand family's fixation with making it happen for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I'll one up you. My mom gave my e-mail address to a woman at the laundry mat, to give to her son who lives out west and is a cowboy. Because I like horses too.

I almost killed her. She thought she'd done the smart thing by not giving her my phone number. Thank heavens he never tried to contact me.
Can I one up your one up? I've had some random guy calling my phone (I don't typically answer numbers I don't recognize) and it was some guy she gave my number to and it was AWFUL

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I met my husband online. Its not weird at all.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 12-31-2012, 04:03 AM
Eryday

Bravo, the excellent message
Old 12-31-2012, 04:10 AM
Top Dog

Forget bars & dance clubs. Guys go there to get laid so they will play what ever role they have to. You'll find more honesty in guys you meet at events/activities you enjoy. If you're not finding what you're looking for, start exploring more activities that interest you.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:44 AM
Top Dog

I'm in the same boat as well. I'm meeting all the wrong guys but am actually interested in getting into a long term relationship. I do really like what Fran said about working on pursuing your own interests, and I should make an effort to join more clubs and groups around campus. If I only go to frat parties, it's a small wonder why I'm only running into drunk frat boys

I'm pretty sure that I'll end up alone with a bunch of Shepherds, though. I'm 19 years old and already well on my way of becoming a crazy dog lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
My fiancé and I met via a GSD forum. I was looking for a GSD and a Corgi and he was researching Dutch Shepherds.
So you guys DID meet on the forum first!! I've always wondered if you two met on the GSD forum first or if you were already together by the time you joined up. All I knew was that one moment I was enjoying your photos of your dogs, and Jason's photos of his dogs, and suddenly there was a thread where you were recording a video of Ike and being referred to as his "Mommy" xD

So much awesome, though. I want to meet a dog guy too, please.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:44 AM
Ho ho ho off.

No one really meets people in bars and pubs these days..... Maybe when you're in your late teens for a fling... But not a serious partner. Most people meet through acquaintances, or work, or online. Yes online!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-31-2012, 07:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Oh, I don't go out!

Though, I don't really have any tips. I met my ex because he was a friend's boyfriend...

I don't suggest that though... ended up just less one friend
This is how I acquired my husband. But it was what, fourteen years ago we started dating? I was like fifteen?! Girls still mad. She wasn't really dating him though, just telling people that, got fun calls for a while after that.

Meet guys where you would want to go. I never suggest bars. Join some volunteer groups, if your in college where are people between classes? Go there. Dog parks, walking etc. maybe we are just surrounded by guys here but there is no shortage.

Maybe we should do a push for new single male Chazhound members for you girls!

I really think it will happen when it should and just sit back and relax. You may want to smack me for saying it but work on you and be confident in you and men are drawn to that, doesn't matter if your in line at a store or Internet dating.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 12-31-2012, 09:32 AM
Ball Thrower

The last guy who hit on me was a hobbit who never actually talked to me, but to my new co-workers who barely know me. Actually, he didn't even hit on me, just did a drive-by, "Here's my number, call me."

I am no help. I am incredibly introverted and besides work and shopping barely leave my apartment/yard. Add in the fact that I moved 10 hours away from my friends and family, I'm also pretty isolated. Now that I'm working I'll probably meet more people, but I doubt anyone who comes to the ER is in the mood for romance, lol.