Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Jerk.

If I where gay I would be pissed if my mom where trying to fix me up with random dudes. Heck Im glad she isnt trying to fix me up with random womens.

Jules tomboy friend from Germany sounds kind of interesting though, if she is into outdoors stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Top Dog

My mom wanted to set me up with a doctor she knew at work. I was like "does he have tattoos? Does he do any extreme sports? Is he a wanted man in at least one foreign country? If you can't answer yes to any of those questions, I'm not interested."

Then she was like "well I'd have to convince him to go out with you anyway." THANKS MOM.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Best advice I ever got when it comes to the whole dating thing?
Work on you. Do what you love and pursue your interests, get out there and do stuff that doesn't suck with people who don't suck.. the significant-other thing will work itself out.

I've never met a boyfriend when I was looking for one lol
Yep yep yepx1000.

When I saw my husband for the first time, almost 5 years ago, it was like 'whoa!'. Somewhere the stars aligned. It was actually pretty incredible.

But I wasn't looking for him. Dated some great guys that I was never 'looking' for.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Glutton for Crazy

She probably meant if you're that diffident.

Keep an open mind, showy bad boys aren't all they're cracked up to be.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Keep an open mind, showy bad boys aren't all they're cracked up to be.
Oh, I've never dated or pursued a guy with tattoos or a criminal record, I just don't want my mom setting me up with her incredibly boring coworkers.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Not a Border Collie

I met my guy of over a year when he did some work at my house and fell in love with Quinn. My mom actually added him on Facebook first LOL to give him more information on the breed. Fast forward a few months when we were going out of the country for the weekend and couldn't find a dog sitter - we contacted him on a whim and he was happy to look after her. He said he still wanted to keep in touch and see her, so a few weeks later we took Quinn for a swim at a local gravel pit and that was that. You never know! I'm very much a "doesnt get out much" type of person - I live in the country, and my schedule is mostly work and finding time to work my horses and my dog. He had a pretty crazy social life but has slowed down the past couple years - now we do outdoorsy stuff we both enjoy, have our hobbies (he has his boats and tractors, I have my animals), and stay in lots. We definitely aren't the type to go clubbing or hang out at the bar every Friday (very occasionally).

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Jules tomboy friend from Germany sounds kind of interesting though, if she is into outdoors stuff.
There we go! Chazharmony.com

Old 12-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
There we go! Chazharmony.com
LOL, yes!

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
How can you find a guy when you never really go 'out'?
You stop looking. That is really all there is to it.

Every single one of my relationships has been when I wasn't looking for one. They're surprisingly easy to fall into.

I found mine while visiting a chazzer, actually. There was a huge age difference and I had zero interest in him, but we bonded over cars and kittens and ended up in a FWBs thing. When he got into a major car accident I flipped out and realized that just maybe I had more than friendly feelings for him. He grew on me, and I never noticed it happening. We've been through so much together that I can't quite imagine life without him. I didn't realize it was possible for me to love another person unconditionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I keep telling myself I should take a class of some sort and see what happens. I'm just so painfully shy and my anxiety sky rockets just thinking about trying something new like that, all on my own. But maybe I will push myself to do that, now that I have a job with a consistent schedule so that I CAN sign up for something.
Do it! Sign up for something involved that you can concentrate on. If you're focusing on learning something new, it will reduce your anxiety, and by the time you get better at whatever you're learning, you'll be comfortable with the people there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
I found Adam when nolu and I were driving back from Georgia in my car. He drove by us as we were merging onto 95 from 495, lol. There's a long rest of the story to go with that.
That story is AWESOME. I'm going to tell it to my next S4 customer and just be like, "It's not just a car, or even an amazing performance vehicle. Hot chicks will be chasing you down when you drive it."

Also, we need to hang out. ASAP.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
If I meet a pair of agility twins I will totally send one your way LOL. And yeah I have a list of breeds it's cool if he has, LMAO.

My mom has been trying to set me up with this guy at her work for years. One day she texted me "So-and-so said he was up for meeting you." I asked her how exactly this came up and she said she literally CHASED HIM DOWN through the hall and said "So I have this daughter."
It gets better because she then told him "She has a lot of trouble meeting guys."
*headdesk*

Don't even get me started on the guys my aunt wants me to date... including one guy she never even talked to but she sees him at church all the time and "he just looks so nice." YOU'VE NEVER EVEN TALKED TO HIM. AUGH.
Single forever. >=|
OMG, I think I would kill my mom hahaha.

Brit & Jackson