Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Top Dog

We are driving back to TN and I want to cry. Leaving my friends and family is particularly hard around the holidays. Spending time with my best friend - who oddly has ALL of the same hobbies as I do - just made the fact that we don't have ANY friends in TN even harder
Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Just bit the bullet and bought a new phone, thanks to my no-good-motorola-milestone. It's been making me want to throw it in the river for over a year now.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Resident fainting goat

I feel like everyone from my high school is married and or having a baby and just..has it together.
and I just DON'T.

I just got my 6th baby shower invitation from girls from school. 6!

I don't know who I wanna be, what I wanna be.. I love school, I love Merlin, I love this city, I love my family and friends and books and this forum and everything else is totally up in air!

I'm just so confused. I thought I would have it together by 21. Well, more together.
I still watch too much tv, procrastinate, sleep too late, eat junk, listen to pop music meant for 16 year olds, cry in disney movies, wear hats that look like animals and buy stuff, expensive stuff, just because! instead of like..saving..
I still wait til the last minute to do laundry! Even though I know better!

These people are having BABIES! They are raising the next generation, they are responsible for a human life!! How are they ready?? They are my age! Should I be more mature? Should I be wanting to do that??

I don't even have a savings account guys. I don't do my own taxes. My parents deal with my health insurance.
I don't even have a credit card.

Gah! I just feel so confused!

16 year old Fran thought 21 year old Fran would have her **** together and she just doesn't.

I'm an ADULT. I can drink, I rent an apartment.. I should be like.. an ADULT! I should know stuff!

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
We are driving back to TN and I want to cry. Leaving my friends and family is particularly hard around the holidays. Spending time with my best friend - who oddly has ALL of the same hobbies as I do - just made the fact that we don't have ANY friends in TN even harder
Crap ... Now I am sick with whatever crud is going around (headache, stuffy nose, chest congestion, body aches/slight fever etc...) I thought I could avoid it but nooooo X(.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I feel like everyone from my high school is married and or having a baby and just..has it together.
and I just DON'T.

I just got my 6th baby shower invitation from girls from school. 6!

I don't know who I wanna be, what I wanna be.. I love school, I love Merlin, I love this city, I love my family and friends and books and this forum and everything else is totally up in air!

I'm just so confused. I thought I would have it together by 21. Well, more together.
I still watch too much tv, procrastinate, sleep too late, eat junk, listen to pop music meant for 16 year olds, cry in disney movies, wear hats that look like animals and buy stuff, expensive stuff, just because! instead of like..saving..
I still wait til the last minute to do laundry! Even though I know better!

These people are having BABIES! They are raising the next generation, they are responsible for a human life!! How are they ready?? They are my age! Should I be more mature? Should I be wanting to do that??

I don't even have a savings account guys. I don't do my own taxes. My parents deal with my health insurance.
I don't even have a credit card.

Gah! I just feel so confused!

16 year old Fran thought 21 year old Fran would have her **** together and she just doesn't.

I'm an ADULT. I can drink, I rent an apartment.. I should be like.. an ADULT! I should know stuff!

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!
Don't feel bad.
Do you really want to be 21 and married and raising a kid when YOU haven't done everything YOU want to do? I am SO glad I am not married with a kid because *I* haven't lived yet. (Not to say girls who are married and have kids haven't lived yet, but everyone has their own life path and that is theirs).

You still wear hats that look like animals, cry at disney movies, watch to much tv, listen to 16 year old pop songs, and sleep to late? That's fine because that's YOU. I still cry at disney movies, sleep to late, watch to many movies/tv shows, listen to songs back from middle school/high school, have no idea what I want to be. I have 36 college credits.. But you know what? I work at a job that I love, I love what I do, I love my schedule, I love where my life is going, and that's all you can hope for.
If you are happy and love what you do and how you do it, don't worry about what other girls your age are doing.

I am one of maybe 3 girls that I went to middle school/high school with that is not married and don't have kids. A friend of mine is 21 and has 2 kids and one on the way that is due within a month and she is married. I am happy for her and adore her, her kids, and husband, but that is not ME. So don't worry about them, worry about you. Be happy with how you live your life.

Sorry for the novel but I've been thinking about what your post said a lot lately and have just come to realize that I love my life and how I live it.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Top Dog

At 21, I wanted to be married with kids. Now, only 5 years later, I'm so glad I waited. A lot can happen in 5 years and it did. We are in a position now where it feels right, rather than being pressured by some weird social influence.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
At 21, I wanted to be married with kids. Now, only 5 years later, I'm so glad I waited. A lot can happen in 5 years and it did. We are in a position now where it feels right, rather than being pressured by some weird social influence.
Ditto. With Tj I wanted kids and marriage, soooo glad it didn't happen. Though I still remain friends with TJ, it never would of worked out but he is a great guy.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Enjoy your life Fran, you're right on track. There is a ton of time for kids. I wanted to be married with kids at that age and then a few years later I was convinced I didn't want any and even now at 28 I find most everything we do is planning for the "in a couple years". We're mature but we still struggle with money, we still own crazy dogs, and we still take chances. However, over all we're rather secure and have most of our **** together. I didn't even meet Denis until I was 23, my life changed for the better even when I fought it, he's always been wise beyond his years even when he can be a totally hilarious nerd.

People are complex, you're on the right track if you're happy and doing right by those around you, don't rush. I still love how free I was at that age even with all the mistakes I made because they made me who I am today, I got it out of my system and I can relate to those around me far better than I could have had I lived else wise.

I think you're pretty amazing, stick to it.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Top Dog

Fran, I'm (almost) 27 and I still feel the way you do. The first of our friends our age are having babies now, and it's really, really weird. In each case as soon as the baby's come we've lost all contact with them, because we no longer have anything in common.

I am way too happy traveling the world, buying nice things, and running around with Lucy to think about a kid. The thought of an accidental pregnancy throws me into a panic attack. I always thought 27-28 would be an ideal age for a first, and now I'm like, uh...32 sounds good. Or maybe never...
Old 12-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Top Dog

I didn't have kids until I was in my early 30s, and I probably still would have waited a few years if health issues didn't push it ahead.

That said, not everyone who has kids suddenly only has interest in the child/no longer has anything in common with friends. While we may have to do more solo thing, vs as a couple, due to not having a sitter, we still have the same interests. I'm not a group person anyway, but the lad does a ton of things with his friends. (which is the same as he did before, because I didn't like group things before I had a kid either, lol)