Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Top Dog

I'm generally a saver, but then I watch an episode of hoarders and I magically become a throw-away addict!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Kotah BEAR

I am a very clean, organized person, so a lot of stuff gets tossed/gave away.

Right now, I have a gallon zip lock bag about half full of cards from my great grand daddy, papa, & uncle jim who have all passed, also have some thoughtful/handmade cards from my grandma, dad, and other various relatives. Plus some pictures of the family and friends, but other than that (which is all in that zip lock bag), nothing. Right now I have 2 pictures framed; my dad's basic training picture and a picture I took of my grandma almost 2 years ago.

I don't keep nick-nacks either.

Other than clothes, I have 5 Auburn Tigers pieces, maybe 15 Christmas/Birthday cards, probably 20-25 pictures that are not hung up and probably never will be, and a small decorative box that has a small filing box with important documents and some pens, pencils, calculator, and a deck of UNO cards and Phase-10 cards. Thats it. Sounds like a lot, but its really not. I don't really own a lot of personal stuff since I move around so much. I like to keep things simple and neat.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Obey the Toad.

A saver, big time.

Books, cards, and bags are my big downfalls. I still keep every card I get, but I did finally bring myself to donate some bags (tote bags mostly, I have a serious tote problem) and books to the garage sale a friend does yearly to benefit her rescue.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 PM
orange iguanas.

This thread has been so good for me. It made me feel all inspired.

I just threw away a ridiculous amount of stuff tonight. Like... completely filled one of those large black 30+ gallon trash bags. It probably weighed more than I do lol, had a hard time dragging it out into the garage, and then I can't even put it in our garbage bin because it's going to take up nearly the entire thing lol.

I went through all my storage bins and really tried to think... DO I NEED THIS... and threw out a bunch of junk in them. Which freed up space so that all the random clutter I had sitting out could go into the bins. Kind of a vicious circle lol. But I don't mind having bins of stuff, they all fit under my bed - I just don't like having stuff sitting out everywhere and not having a place to put it.

If I could grow up and get rid of my stuffed animals that would be amazing. I have a bin full of them + a couple garbage bags full in a closet. And then I have a bunch of beanie babies on one of those wooden vertical holder things for them, which would be nice to get rid of because I never know where to put. But I can't!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-30-2012, 05:34 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Every time I read "I am a tosser" I giggle wildly.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Top Dog

I'm a tosser, but my mom is the ultimate saver, so instead of throwing things out, they usually get redirected along the way into our garage where they aid in forming our mini mountain range of keepsakes and memorabilia.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:52 PM
swimming upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
This thread has been so good for me. It made me feel all inspired.

I just threw away a ridiculous amount of stuff tonight. Like... completely filled one of those large black 30+ gallon trash bags. It probably weighed more than I do lol, had a hard time dragging it out into the garage, and then I can't even put it in our garbage bin because it's going to take up nearly the entire thing lol.

I went through all my storage bins and really tried to think... DO I NEED THIS... and threw out a bunch of junk in them. Which freed up space so that all the random clutter I had sitting out could go into the bins. Kind of a vicious circle lol. But I don't mind having bins of stuff, they all fit under my bed - I just don't like having stuff sitting out everywhere and not having a place to put it.

If I could grow up and get rid of my stuffed animals that would be amazing. I have a bin full of them + a couple garbage bags full in a closet. And then I have a bunch of beanie babies on one of those wooden vertical holder things for them, which would be nice to get rid of because I never know where to put. But I can't!
glad to be of help! I did end up throwing out quite a bit of stuff--but I also ended up reading all of the letters my husband and I had written to each other over the course of 4-5 years before we got married--was so fun to look back at it and see where we are now. Plenty to laugh at, and plenty to feel good about --needless to say I kept those.