Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 12-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Top Dog

Je suis a cote de Poitiers donc centre-ouest!.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden&hovawart View Post
Sadly,i'm in France but wonder if you know of any breeders,on the other side of the Atlantic!.
There is a breeder in Finland and someone who will be breeding in Germany.

Last edited by SaraB; 12-17-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Merlie Girlie!

Welcome Welcome Welcome!
I hardly post here as you know, but happy to see an experienced breeder/ Coolie person here Post pictures!
Old 12-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Show Dog

Hi welcome to the forum. Happy holidays!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Show Dog

Hi, welcome to the forum!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Welcome! I love the look of your dogs. I'm constantly fighting the ACD or C/Koolie battle. So many good things about both.

Are your Coolies really loud?

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 12-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Merlie Girlie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Welcome! I love the look of your dogs. I'm constantly fighting the ACD or C/Koolie battle. So many good things about both.

Are your Coolies really loud?
I've met four dogs from her so far, (three related) and they are not loud at all. In fact, although they bark in the line up in Flyball, they were almost silent when I was watching them play outside (chuck it) and just interacting with their owner. I think it's just how they are raised
Old 12-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandog View Post
I've met four dogs from her so far, (three related) and they are not loud at all. In fact, although they bark in the line up in Flyball, they were almost silent when I was watching them play outside (chuck it) and just interacting with their owner. I think it's just how they are raised
My Coolie is LOUD when she is excited and there is no quieting her no matter what I try and it has nothing to do with how she was raised! I am extremely intolerant of inappropriate barking and raise all my dogs not to bark unless someone approaches our property. We back up to a forest preserve so there are always people and dogs going by. My Coolie is the only one of my dogs who has to be reminded almost daily that barking at those people (and squirrels) is inappropriate. The others never need reminding. And when we get to the pool for a swim date or get to the trail for a scooter run...forget it. I don't even try anymore. I just grit my teeth, smile, and get things moving along as quickly as possible. If there was one thing I could change about Rue, that would be it. Otherwise she is perfect

When she is playing ball or frisbee, working, or interacting in any way she is totally quiet. She will even remain on a down stay for any length of time while I play with one one of my other dogs right in front of her...perfectly quiet. While she is swimming...quiet. Running the bike or scooter..quiet (after the initial several hundred feet). Once she's in the "game" she's okay. Otherwise wear the plugs!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandog View Post
I would love to see someone else try to train the bark out of Zinga. I hate barking and did everything I could to contain her loudness that I could. I think I've succeeded however, she is still barky and always will be. She reminds me of shelties, they bark. Don't get the breed if you don't like it.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaloncoolies View Post
And yes they come in long coat, short coat, i produce alot of medium coats (thats what works for us up north, not long nor short)...and colors ranging all over... B&W, solid Black, solid chocolate, Chocolate & white, chocolate tri, Tri-color (classic), Black & Tan, and of course your black, blue, chocolate, and dilute merles some with Irish Spotting some without...pricked ears, floppy ears, semi pricked ears, just so much choice with these guys!! <3
Do you health test as well?