Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Top Dog

Isn't he staying with his parents? Surely someone in the house has a phone.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Top Dog

Convenient.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
This. I've never heard of anyone not getting approved for CareCredit, its NOT like a regular credit card. I applied for it at 18 with very little income and no credit history, and I got approved.

You get an instant number/amount when you apply, you bring that into the vet and BOOM. Done.

I agree with everyone else in that this dog should have been seen yesterday.
Just wanted to say. I got turned down by CareCredit so it isn't a 'no one ever gets turned down... ever' situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Convenient.
Did you not see this one coming

You need to get that dog to a vet, find out what's wrong and either get it take care of, sign it over to someone, or put it down. I'm not a HUGE fan of putting an animal down if it has a treatable condition. But I'm even less of a fan of making a sick dog stay miserable because you don't have the means to take care of it.

And honestly even if you CAN afford it. You're this broke now with a baby on the way. As much as I love dogs this is not something that should take priority over making sure you have some sort of financial security when your baby arrives.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Just wanted to say. I got turned down by CareCredit so it isn't a 'no one ever gets turned down... ever' situation

Oh, people can/do certainly get turned down, but if you have no credit rathe than bad credit, they're usually willing to approve some amount. It may not be enough to cover, say, a surgery. But should be enough to at least get in and start some diagnostics. Plus,even if one is rejected, it's someone one can at least try while at home.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Oh, people can/do certainly get turned down, but if you have no credit rathe than bad credit, they're usually willing to approve some amount. It may not be enough to cover, say, a surgery. But should be enough to at least get in and start some diagnostics. Plus,even if one is rejected, it's someone one can at least try while at home.
Oh ok. I just didn't want someone to come on here and see that and put all their eggs in that basket XD

When Yoshi bloated I went in with all the receipts showing I had just sold a bunch of stuff and all the cash to show them I was serious about getting my dog help. With that they allowed me too set up payments with them even though that was the first time I'd used that vet.

So that's something people can think of too.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Twin 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
I got turned down, too.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, it's certainly convenient that he was in the vet all day and his dog passed and he couldn't do anything so THAT'S why he didn't call me. You guys really need to learn how to stop being nasty just for the sake of it.

Penny passed this morning. The vet tried, but she passed anyways. He said he thought it was organ shut down or something. We are not going to do an autopsy and have already buried her.

Rest in peace, my dear Penny.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 12-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm sorry for your loss.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Yeah, it's certainly convenient that he was in the vet all day and his dog passed and he couldn't do anything so THAT'S why he didn't call me. You guys really need to learn how to stop being nasty just for the sake of it.

Penny passed this morning. The vet tried, but she passed anyways. He said he thought it was organ shut down or something. We are not going to do an autopsy and have already buried her.

Rest in peace, my dear Penny.
What did the bloodwork show? That should pinpoint what organs were affected. Since it was fairly quick, I'd want to rule out a toxin,etc.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Top Dog

I am so sorry to hear about Penny, it is never easy to lose a pet.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie