Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

Default The topic of suicide.

Okay guys, I know this is a touchy subject, but it's one I've been thinking about a lot lately, since I am at a very low and dark point in my life.

I've never been one to think about suicide a lot, and I'm not thinking about DOING it, so don't go calling a hotline on me, I'm just thinking about the action of it and the mechanics and whatnot and how society looks at it.

Why is suicide so widely frowned upon? I mean... I understand, but then again I don't. Why is it so bad for a person to choose to opt out of life? It's their life, isn't it? If they understand fully what that means..... Why isn't suicide seen as viable option? We always say "oh, it will get better..".. But in a lot of cases...that's not true. Some people die alone and unhappy and they live their whole lives like that. Why not allow them to choose to leave this world on their own terms, rather than miserable and unbalanced? They can choose to leave. Maybe this falls under the category of physician assisted suicide...

I also realize this won't be a very popular idea. Please don't eat me alive. It was just my current thoughts on it all.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 12-28-2012, 09:24 PM
SevenSins

Did you get your dog to the vet yet?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Did you get your dog to the vet yet?
Josh is taking her tonight.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Cool, how'd you come up with the money to get her to the emergency vet so fast?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Why not allow them to choose to leave this world on their own terms, rather than miserable and unbalanced?
Because no one would choose to leave this world with the majority of their life ahead of them if they weren't at least somewhat "miserable and unbalanced".
Old 12-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Cool, how'd you come up with the money to get her to the emergency vet so fast?
He is doing the CareCredit thing.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
He didn't steal her did he?

Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Because no one would choose to leave this world with the majority of their life ahead of them if they weren't at least somewhat "miserable and unbalanced".
I just sat her for like 10 minutes trying to figure out how to answer this. This is it.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
He didn't steal her did he?
...she's HIS dog.

Top Dog

Well, in terms of physician assisted suicide, I think that's different. I believe that if a person is so terminally ill, but is not dying easily on their own (but they are *going* die eventually)... they SHOULD have a right to ask to be peacefully put to sleep. We do it for our animals, why not do it for our humans? I watched one show where a person had some kind of rare bone cancer, where it was not going to kill her, but she lived in pain every single day. She lived in Sweden, I believe, and took a drug to put her to sleep. It happened very quickly and peacefully. Also, people who are stuck in their own bodies and can only communicate through their eyes, etc... I wouldn't want to live like that. I would want the opportunity to be able to say "please just put me down".

But when it comes down to depression and anxiety, etc, no I don't think you should have the option. And, to me, ending your own life... I just think there is so many more things one can do to better their lives. I suppose it's a bit different if you're truly all alone, with nobody, but MOST people tend to have families, or spouses, or children, that they are leaving behind, and I do believe it's an incredibly selfish act.

Either way, I don't judge because nobody can put themselves in another's shoes, and how they were feeling at that exact moment. And that it's a horrible horrible thing for the people left behind to go through.

Brit & Jackson

Closed Thread