Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Squishy face

I like to use Woolite Pet Stain and Odor Remover (with Oxygen!). It has worked very well getting rid of stains and odor. You can buy it at Home Depot, and probably walmart.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Just try me..

Since you are in Ont I know you can get this product. Its made by SWISH and its commerical grade enzyme digester.

You can get it in a smaller container too
http://www.swishclean.com/product.ht...GEMENT_COUNTER

Best thing hands down to actually remove the smell. Better than nature's miracle even.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Top Dog

Zero Odor, works amazing. We had someone staying with us over 10 yrs ago with old dogs on steriods. They left huge puddles on my carpet, bad enough that we had to remove the carpet and underlay. I could still smell it after all those years and using various products to get rid of the odor which came back all the time. Finally used Zero Odor and the smell (esp when it is humid out) has gone
Old 09-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
HOT vinegar and water solution. Seriously... It's cheap and it WORKS! After switching to more 'natural' cleaners... A lot of the store bought cleaners leave a sticky residue in comparison, even if they do smell "nicer". If you mix he vinegar and water solution right it smells nuetral and not vinegar-y.
Nope, it just didn't work at all to remove ANY of that nightmare smell!!! Used it quite liberally, let hose stand in the sun, it just didn't work. That rug's been on our living room floor for about 10 years now, been through Jinjo and all his digestive problems (which are still ongoing), Enda puppy, and now also "The Dachsie who can't be house broken". There are just some things that "natural" can't fix, and I'm a FREAK about using "natural" products only! Which again, is why the living room rug had to be uprooted in the first place, and I think I've decided I actually now don't want it back at all. Hardwood all the way!!! How people do wall-to-wall carpet and pets, I'll never know, .
Old 12-28-2012, 03:09 AM
Apple of the Eye

In order to get urine smell/residue out of carpet,

it must get applied having an acid treatment for rot the alkaline salt and remains around the carpet. Many cleaning supply or janitorial retailers could take suited tannin, caffeine or pee solution spotters that can get the job done. The substance should then get groomed to the fibres and remained to respond for around 10 mins.

After that, rinse off the spot with hot water and apply using an chemical complex created for pee neutralization remedy. Keep this in the carpet for Fifteen minutes.

The last stage is to wash the carpet completely, using the normal carpet cleaning methods. Deep steam cleaning together with truck-mounted machines are the most preferred process.

Hope it helps!
Old 12-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Neat vinegar glugged onto the carpet removes all odours. Our carpets reeked of pee when we moved in. I tried everything and eventually soaked them in vinegar and its all gone.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

We loved Natures Miracle for our problem with Belle. she peed ALL over our living room and the dog sitter just left it sit. I tried everything to get it clean. even rented a carpet cleaner.

The only thing that got rid of the smell was taking a bottle of natures miracle and SATURATING the area right down to the pad. I mean I SOAKED the spots and just let it soak in and let it air dry and voila. no more smell. but just spritzing it won't work if the pad has soaked up the urine... you've gotta soak it completely

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Top Dog

Did you get the house back?
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:45 AM
swimming upstream

old thread. Check the date.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Top Dog

Oh..I was hoping she had good news.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.