Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Top Dog

Phew, I was worried my dogs were feeling like second class citizen's without a team name! The only team names I've ever seen used in agility are for the USDAA team tournaments. The last one I did, Meg and her partner were team WTF. It fit nicely.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Phew, I was worried my dogs were feeling like second class citizen's without a team name!
Me too lol.

Though I have a team of only one dog. I wish I was able to add to that soon but it probably won't happen.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 12-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Crazy Dog!

Outline ACD's because.. well.. I want my dogs, and my breedings to outline what I feel is an all-around cattle dog. So, Outline is my prefix/kennel name for dogs I have bred.

Originally I was going to go with Rebel- our first dog's name was Rebel, but he was truly my mom's dog, and on top of that he was a Golden Retriever, so I nixed that name a whiiiile back.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlineACDs View Post
Outline ACD's because.. well.. I want my dogs, and my breedings to outline what I feel is an all-around cattle dog. So, Outline is my prefix/kennel name for dogs I have bred.

Originally I was going to go with Rebel- our first dog's name was Rebel, but he was truly my mom's dog, and on top of that he was a Golden Retriever, so I nixed that name a whiiiile back.
You breed? How come I did not know this? Website? I am still thinking of an ACD in the way future, perhaps. I was very discouraged as I was researching this time around for my specific kind of dog. Not sure if they exist and I'm being way too picky or what.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Phew, I was worried my dogs were feeling like second class citizen's without a team name! The only team names I've ever seen used in agility are for the USDAA team tournaments. The last one I did, Meg and her partner were team WTF. It fit nicely.
Our USDAA team name for Backup and Esha (another very quirky malinois who sometimes likes to balance on jump bars and try her 2o2o by laying downward in "frog dog" position) was going to be "Winning". Ahhh the comedy that would ensue. Sadly, the move prevented the experience.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

I picked Aleron when I was a teenager. I was going to co-breed a litter of Belgians and was told to pick a kennel name. I was looked through a really old pet name book that I got at a library sale and found Aleron, an old French name meaning "winged" and implying knighthood. I thought it sounded like a perfect kennel name for Belgians and it was a reasonable length. That litter never happened but I never found a name I liked better. So Aleron it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
My disc dog team name is The Zoom Crew. Obviously named for Zuma. I've been racking my brain forever trying to come up with a breeder name that can incorporate Zoom into it without sounding cheesy but have been unsuccessful so far. I'm sure the perfect one will jump out at me eventually.
Why not use Zuma or maybe Zooma?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Our USDAA team name for Backup and Esha (another very quirky malinois who sometimes likes to balance on jump bars and try her 2o2o by laying downward in "frog dog" position) was going to be "Winning". Ahhh the comedy that would ensue. Sadly, the move prevented the experience.
USDAA team names are hilarious fun. Tess was a team once with a Cocker Spaniel who is a bit... difficult about other dogs (imagine the owner of a Cocker asking the owner of a Stafford to be a team, while assuring said Stafford owner that she has a system with the Cocker, so no need to worry about his behavior. I thought it was funny.) We didn't have a team name, only because I was afraid she'd be offended if I suggested the best one "Pure Evil".

Tully was on a team with a Gordon Setter and a Weimeraner (who was from Canada). Our team name was "Agility Without Borders". We qualified, too.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Top Dog

No team/kennel name here.. I've never really thought to make one! Sako is my only dog I really "do" anything with (and his registered name carries his breeders kennel name, which is Kayo Kennel), so it'd be kind of silly to have one, I think. Maybe when I get my new puppy I'll think of one, since he'll be showing as well. I'm terrible with thinking of names for anything though!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
No team/kennel name here.. I've never really thought to make one! Sako is my only dog I really "do" anything with (and his registered name carries his breeders kennel name, which is Kayo Kennel), so it'd be kind of silly to have one, I think. Maybe when I get my new puppy I'll think of one, since he'll be showing as well. I'm terrible with thinking of names for anything though!
You're getting a new puppy?! Do tell!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Allons-y!

There's no real sentimental reason behind mine...just thought it sounded cool. There are a lot of towns and cities in the area named after places in ancient Greece (Ithaca, Syracuse, etc) so I wanted a Greek word. There were a lot we were considering, but we eventually settled on Aurai. In Greek mythology, the Aurai were the nymphs (spirits) of the breezes, and daughters of the wind gods. It just seemed to fit.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!