Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: What are you going to do with your dog's remains?
Burial- Backyard/property you or a family member owns 13 23.64%
Burial- Pet cemetary 0 0%
Cremation- Urn 22 40.00%
Cremation- jewelry or life gem 6 10.91%
Cremation- tattoo memorial with ashes 2 3.64%
Taxidermy 0 0%
Freeze dry preservation 0 0%
Unsure- no idea 5 9.09%
Other 7 12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Yah, I think it's the vet owner of the clinic that owns the cemetery. I've never seen it myself, its just out of town, but I think its technically just a field they get spread over.
Erm, our landlords own a pet cemetery. We currently live right next to it. Josh always says we have really quiet neighbors. I always say that the ghost guinea pig is sitting on our living room window sill. It is kinda weird, but makes a good landmark when giving people directions.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 12-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Top Dog

Pets before I turned fourteen (and random bunnies and snakes the lawnmower got. Even had friends bury their pets there) are in my dads own pet cemetery. My childhood cats and dogs. Used to be a big circle back in the woods but he too the trees down farther back a couple years ago. Used to be quite creepy. I'd go bury the randomn guinea pig back there (only pet i could have couple years and always picked the sick ones a the pet store)till my ginger died and then I started creamating and she and my cat Dott sit on a mantle around our fish tank(kinda built in with photos on it in front of the ashes).

I don't know what I am going to do when one of my horses go. They are expensive to cremate. I've heard you can just do the heart. If we are ever into OUR farm is be fine burying them, just don't want to feel I'm leaving them and don't know how my dad would feel about me bringing them to his pet cemetery!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 12-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Big Dog

I will probably do what I am going to do with my cats ashes. So far I haven't been able to bear splitting up her (my cat's) ashes, but I am going to mix some with soil and plant a bonsai seed, I am going to get a piece of jewelry, probably a ring, and put some in that... maybe put a small amount in a locket with her lock of fur from the white patch on her chest... and I will bury some at her favorite tree, and keep the rest in a small bottle/urn in her memory box. Right now her ashes are all in the memory box.

*Scout* - 2yo Lineolated Parrot
*Feivel* - 2yo Lineolated Parrot
*Poe* - 8yo Bare-eyed Cockatoo
*Maiya Rose* - 1yo Shelter Kitty (AKA: The Amaiyalator)

~Always with me in my heart~ *Sabrina* Best little cat ever: 10/27/92 - 9/25/12
Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Top Dog

Private cremation, definitely. I'm not sure whether I want to keep the ashes in an urn, or scatter them somewhere...but I'm leaning towards the urn.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Show Dog

I don't know, when our first greyhound passed I felt so unbelievably empty. His body was there, but he wasn't. I couldn't wrap my head around that. It was a huge shock and I couldn't make any decision at all, so rather than regret not doing it, I had him cremated and his ashes returned in a nice cedar box.

I had no feeling, no sense, that who he was was in his body, and he's not in that box either. He's with me, in my heart and in my memory, but he's no longer physically here. I'm not sure what I'll do with his ashes.

I had our CKC Spaniel cremated because he was more my daughter's dog than anybody's, and that's what she wanted.

Frankly, I'm not sure how I'll feel when the others pass.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Top Dog

Cremation, and then releasing into the wind on a certain spot along the I-40 highway in New Mexico. There's a story behind this, but it's sort of long and I doubt anyone on here would be interested in hearing it.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 12-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Top Dog

I have my dogs ashes in urns on top of a cabinet in our living room, and a little "shrine" on top of my bookcase with a picture, collar, leash and favourite toy in my room. I also put Mitchell's ID tag on my keys, and will put Matrix's collar light on my keys when he passes away.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Let it be

Cremation I think. I have my childhood dogs ashes and plan on spreading them somewhere when I find the perfect place. I will more than likely do that with bandit as well