How is gibberish spam supposed to work?

No links, no profiles.

Its not going to an email, so harvesting email addresses is not so easy.

So, whats the point?

Maxy24

I've been wanting to know this for a while now too, I mean it needs to have a link to be effective spam doesn't it? It's better than the dirty spam though.

Testing the approval system and type of moderation, maybe? Sort of like those stupid telemarketer phone calls you get where nobody's on the line, but it "phones home" with the information of when you're likely to answer your phone.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Random nonsense text in e-mail subject lines like "Hi c13u454opn545dd Yes U can!" and misspelled words are also designed to trick spam filters. By using misspelled words, like "best Rea| Estate qu0te!s," spammers hope to evade filters that use keywords to identify spam.
And

The idea is to overload spam filters that learn (where you teach it what is spam and what is not). When you mark these nonsense messages as spam, the nonsense words corrupt the spam filter with everyday English words. This gradually renders it useless.
are what I found online... good question and the second makes sense.

There ya go, all you need to do is have a thread dedicated to spam. Title it "Post Your One-Line or Gibberish Spam *HERE*".

hahaha Everytime I see these I go wtf? seriously!
I have the same reaction when I see the ICQ icon in the corners. Does anybody still use ICQ?

Hahaha, posted and noticed that this is post number 111 for me. Partial Styx! Yeah, I know, it's one of those silly things from my youth. My bestfriend and I would always arrange to be home and phone each other (long distance, back in the day when having a rotary dial phone in your bedroom was a HUGE *parents-must-be-rich* deal and your home answering machine was your mother) at "Styx Time" ~ 11:11 pm.

"Memories.... from the corners of my mind...."

Oh, wait, what was this thread about again? Oh yeah, spam, right?

Spam tastes funny.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
`Guess spammers do not take CHristmas day off. Sick to death of spam, that is all. sighs.

Members online

No members online now.