Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
One potential hang up I guess is that GSDs are as a breed, regardless of lines prone to same sex dog aggression with household dogs. You mention your BC was harassed by your dogs. I'd say that is very unlikely to happen with a GSD but unless all of your dogs are male or all female and you can get an opposite sex GSD, there is always potential for the GSD to mature into a dog who has to be separated from other same sex dogs.
I have seen some SSA from GSDs but it has been few and far between for me to see it with other dogs in the house. Maybe I've been super lucky to see GSDs that aren't SSA. But Judge plays with other intact males and accepts any dog I bring in my house as well as never challenges Hobie...maybe he is an oddity but I thought he was the norm for a nice stable GSD. GSDs can be reactive to other dogs in my experience but I don't think it is that much more than other breeds. IDK.

Most the breeders I listed are in WA and they have a variety of lines so could very easily give you some hands on experience with different lines. Von Grunheide in Snohomish is another great breeder, Suzanne is a K9 officer and knows her stuff!
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.