Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I love that someone else out there also has their tea with the good stuff. I get judged for putting heavy cream in tea.. I think it's wonderful with a strong black tea.
LOL. Low carb, and I intermittent fast.. It helps keep me full, and it's tasty as hell in almost every tea I've put it in

I still have some birthday cake and chocolate cake to share..

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 12-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaPrincess View Post
LOL. Low carb, and I intermittent fast.. It helps keep me full, and it's tasty as hell in almost every tea I've put it in

I still have some birthday cake and chocolate cake to share..
Exactly! I am out and had to put milk in my tea tonight. . . so disappointing. . .

If either of them are good I'll trade you for some harney & sons cinnamon tea. It's my new obsession. Sadly it's bagged, but does come in a pretty tin.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Top Dog

FFFffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuu I forgot to make my thermos of tea for work tomorrow and now it's too late. Hopefully I'll remember to grab a bag of tea and a tea ball on the way out in the morning.

I put milk in nearly every tea (not in fruity or citrusy teas, though, and not in chamomile). If we have half and half or cream on hand, though, I'll use it instead. I'm hoping to go back on keto soon since I'm making more money now (and can actually afford meat and vegetables) so will be switching back to cream all the time when that happens. It took me years to try milk or cream in tea, and MAN have I missed out! I also drank tea with sweetener for years, and now I NEVER use sugar or sweetener in my tea. It's amazing, the teas have so many subtle and unique flavors that are just masked by the sweet. I bought a blueberry iced tea a few weeks ago, not realizing that it comes sweetened, and it was AWFUL. It was fresh brewed, full-leaf tea, but it had SOOOO MUCH sweet in it. Eww.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Top Dog

Sael if you have any samples you want to unload feel free to ship the on over .

And seriously Sweetened Condensed Milk I know it sounds weird but I was talked into trying it a few weeks ago and oh my! I use it in teas and coffee that I used milk or cream and sugar in and instead use one or two tea spoons of SCM it is so good and much less calories in the long run with out diluting the coffee and tea flavor!

Also IngenuiTEA the small (makes 1-2 cups) from Adagio is 19 but it is like 15 from Amazon. It is perfect for loose leaf teas tons of room for them to expand and infuse. It was my birthday present to myself I LOVE it!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Felurian

JoLeigh, does the Adagio actually bring the water to a rolling boil? And can you adjust it, say for green and white teas that should be made with water that's brought to temp just before it boils?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
JoLeigh, does the Adagio actually bring the water to a rolling boil? And can you adjust it, say for green and white teas that should be made with water that's brought to temp just before it boils?
I don't think it boils the water, you boil the water separately and pout it in. It's basically a mini teapot with a built in infuser.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Felurian

Ah, that's better. I was thinking of something else I'd seen

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Ah, that's better. I was thinking of something else I'd seen
One of these, perhaps?

http://www.breville.ca/beverages/ket...tea-maker.html

https://www.adagio.com/teaware/trini...88eff7776ce6eb
Old 12-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Felurian

That Breville looks awesome, but for $300 I think I'll keep my old whistling teakettle, lol!

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
That Breville looks awesome, but for $300 I think I'll keep my old whistling teakettle, lol!
Oh man, I know! I'm going to be selling my Keurig soon since I no longer use it, but sadly I don't think I can sell it for enough to buy that

I'm hoping for an electric kettle for Christmas since I don't have any other way to heat water in my room, but I do worry about getting the water hot enough. I may have to settle for white or green teas exclusively with it.