Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Never heard of it till you mentioned it. Cool!

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 11-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I bought some teas yesterday! I was short on time, so only grabbed some quick, but I need to go back this weekend or Monday and get some more Or order online... LOL Picked up Sleigh Ride (there was a lady from Davids at Work giving samples of this and we fell in love with it -- though I'm not sure I can call it a tea -- there's no tea in it) and Chocolate Chili Chai which is one of my Winter faves!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-22-2012, 10:32 PM

I love chocolate chili chai..

What's sleigh ride like? The santa's helper is awesome on minty but not peppermint tea.. Had two cups since I brought it home

Old 11-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Just found it on the site, haha. It's apple, hibiscus, pineapple, papaya, cinnamon, raisins and almonds. I find it's a good sweet tea, but not too sweet. I hate pineapple and couldn't even taste it. Good choice for those with high blood pressure, too.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Top Dog

I just made my first cup of the Adagio Irish Breakfast and OMG it's SO GOOD. All the other Irish Breakfast teas I've had have been bitter and barely tolerable even with milk. This one is super smooth, NOT bitter AT ALL, actually slightly sweet, and just a tad earthy (but smells VERY earthy). It's now my favorite black tea.

I've had the TARDIS a few times now, and although it's good, it's not as great as I had expected It's a bit on the bitter side, and maybe my bag is mixed wrong or something but I don't taste any blackberry and barely any vanilla. Maybe I'm brewing it wrong, but I'm doing it at 212 for 3 minutes. It's basically the same flavor as the Earl Grey Moonlight but more bitter. I'm considering getting the Jack Harness tea, but I'm not sure how I would like chocolate chips in my tea, even though so many people love it. So, I'll probably get a sample pack of straight chocolate chip tea and see how that is before I spend $10 on another novelty mix.

ETA: Does everyone else have a giant TARDIS when they go to the Adagio home page? I'm a bit curiosu if it's customized based on my orders, or if it's really THAT popular of a tea (I know it's their most popular of their fandom blends). I'm pretty sure there wasn't a big TARDIS there before I ordered, or I would have know about the TARDIS tea earlier
Old 11-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
though I'm not sure I can call it a tea -- there's no tea in it
"Tea" has really come to mean the infusion of just about anything. Hence herbal tea. There's no actual TEA in it, but it's still "tea" But you could call it a tisane if you want.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:39 PM

I was looking for a good vanillaish tea and found most I smelled at David's weren't very vanilla. I hate when I hope to taste something in my tea and there really isn't.

I finally found a great vanilla at David's though..

Some of the teas with sprinkles, chocolate chips and the like have rocked. The red velvet cake I have has chocolate chips and I love it..

But when you don't like one.. I have a handful of flavours I won't drink again as I have yummier teas to drink..

Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
YOU JUST EAT THE APPLES OFF THE TOP! The tea itself isn't awesome, but it's good. BUT YOU GET TO EAT BOILED APPLES OFF THE TOP!
I just got my package in the mail from adagio (omg what have you all done to me!)

Valentine- Black tea, rose petals, chocolate, and strawberry. OMG with a tea spoon of sweetened condensed milk SOOOOO good!

Honeybush Vanilla- Good but meh didnt wow me.

Sour Apple- Saeleofu you are crazy! lol It was SOOOOOOO good I could live on this tea!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Top Dog

Oh, I LOVE honeybush chocolate! I've only tried two Rooibos varieties so far. I didn't care for the earl grey, but I loved the honey bush chocolate. And I usually don't "do" chocolate teas. The chocolate chip is okay, but I also made it in a filter instead of a tea ball, so the chocolate chips didn't disperse well. I need to give that one another try.

I've found my FAVORITE tea is the Irish Breakfast blend, followed by plain old decaf ceylon. The TARDIS is growing on my as a nice earl grey. I have so, so many sample packages I haven't even tried yet, I need to go for more variety!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaPrincess View Post
Bump for Beanie!

And sadly I'm out of heavy cream So no tea today..
I love that someone else out there also has their tea with the good stuff. I get judged for putting heavy cream in tea.. I think it's wonderful with a strong black tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I just made my first cup of the Adagio Irish Breakfast and OMG it's SO GOOD. All the other Irish Breakfast teas I've had have been bitter and barely tolerable even with milk. This one is super smooth, NOT bitter AT ALL, actually slightly sweet, and just a tad earthy (but smells VERY earthy). It's now my favorite black tea.
That sounds absolutely delightful. I am a huge fan of english breakfast tea (we have the good stuff at work and it's amazing) but haven't had an irish breakfast I can stand yet.