Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Top Dog

The tests aren't very accurate, but in some cases they can be correct. Yours sounds like a possibility.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Active Pup

I know what some of you guys are saying re: the tests and not being accurate. Thanks for the link, pendragoncorgis. I've heard that they have been ridiculously inaccurate when purebreds are tested.

That said, yeah, Rosanahart, I really can't see the greyhound at all in her. I've read that greys are usually quiet housedogs, only getting energetic when they're outside to run/exercise. My dog does not fit that at all. She's a little over 1 year old and is VERY energetic. Usually takes a couple of long walks to use up her energy resources. I know she's still basically a puppy, but she fits the coonhound profile of being very energetic. She also loves to jump up on her hind legs when she greets us and when she's in a playing mood. She has calmed a bit since she was a lot younger, but still has lots of energy to burn.

Thanks Whitewave, English Coonhound was another possibility I thought of, and the dog in the first picture especially looks quite a bit like mine. I'm thinking she's probably beagle/coonhound, the beagle maybe accounting for her slightly smaller size.

Thanks again guys for your input
Old 12-19-2012, 03:35 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessm78 View Post
Thanks for the input, Pops2, very interesting. Also, funny you should mention running walker. Someone else told me they thought she could have some july foxhound in her. She is very fast and takes off like a shot after anything that could be prey (she also likes to stalk the neighbors' cat while I'm walking her... luckily they're usually not home and I don't let her get that far, lol). She trees squirrels and possum a lot, are there any running walkers or other foxhounds that do this?
LOTS of foxhounds will tree by scent & whole boatloads will sight tree. I even know of a fella in NC that ran a real nice deer beagle on bear that treed like a champ.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Active Pup

Oh I didn't know that... very interesting I'd love to see a beagle treeing... wonder if there are some videos around. She definitely sight trees, as you could probably tell in the link to the video I posted a few posts back.