Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: What are you going to do with your dog's remains?
Burial- Backyard/property you or a family member owns 13 23.64%
Burial- Pet cemetary 0 0%
Cremation- Urn 22 40.00%
Cremation- jewelry or life gem 6 10.91%
Cremation- tattoo memorial with ashes 2 3.64%
Taxidermy 0 0%
Freeze dry preservation 0 0%
Unsure- no idea 5 9.09%
Other 7 12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
This is what ours is. They get cremated with the other animals that passed that day, and they just happen to go to a pet cemetery.
At my vet the bodies get sent to Animal Control and mass cremated with the euthanized shelter animals and roadkill, and I don't know where the ashes ultimately end up. Not a pet cemetary. That said, that's what my parents chose to do with their last dog. My last dog (childhood dog) is buried in the back garden.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:19 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I had my old Doberman cremated and I have his ashes in a wooden box. I also have his main collar with his tags in a shadow box, along with a picture. I'd like to do something with his ashes rather than just keep them, but I haven't decided what yet.

I'm sure I'll get Rumor cremated as well, but I'd like to actually do something with the ashes. I haven't really thought much about it. She has to live forever.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
At my vet the bodies get sent to Animal Control and mass cremated with the euthanized shelter animals and roadkill, and I don't know where the ashes ultimately end up. Not a pet cemetary. That said, that's what my parents chose to do with their last dog. My last dog (childhood dog) is buried in the back garden.
Yah, I think it's the vet owner of the clinic that owns the cemetery. I've never seen it myself, its just out of town, but I think its technically just a field they get spread over.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Top Dog

I allowed Argon's remains to be taken for mass cremation.

When my precious blue Puss persian died, I did have thoughts of having him taxidermied, with a pair of gargoyle wings mounted on the back, and bringing him out for Halloween to scare kids with. He was such an A$$ cat that it's exactly what he would have wanted.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Top Dog

Goodness, I was just discussing this with my parents two days ago.

I'm just about to move 1100km away from home and I'm taking the two dogs. My own girl, Abby and the 'family' dog, Grace. We've decided not to separate them because they are so good for each other. Abby keeps Grace young and active and Grace really helps Abby's frame of mind. We just had to decide who the dogs were coming to live with. And it's turned out to be me, which I am very grateful and excited for. This could change if they don't transition well or mum and dad change their mind down the track, but that's the plan so far.

What to do with their remains came up because we are going to be living so far away and I'd really like them to 'come home' to their final resting place at my parents'. They have lived there all their lives. And all my past pets - cats, dogs, chooks and birds - rest there. So it'll be cremation and urn until I can travel down and then the ashes will be put in the backyard somewhere. Our other dogs have trees planted as well, so I imagine the same for these two.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Top Dog

Cremation, then they will be buried with me when I go.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Puppy Dog

Cremation. Right now i just have them in my office, with their collar.

Although i'm not sure what i'm going to do with all the boxes when it's time for me to go.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Not a Border Collie

In the past we have buried dogs at home. Now we are moving and I have to say it's going to be weird leaving them.

In the future I would do burial at home if we were very settled and in love with our home with no plans to move. Or I would do cremation and have the ashes made into jewelry.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 12-19-2012, 02:51 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Gipsy was solo-cremated and buried in our yard in a place where she had the same view as when she looked out the window to watch with neighbourhood.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

Solo-cremation. Tattoo minus the ashes.

I feel like I'd want to save everything, and have the option of having the jewelry or urn, or whatever I want. I wouldn't want to bury him. But I do want his ashes and maybe some of his fur.

Other animals/pets are buried in my mom's backyard.