Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Top Dog

An interesting study has been done on this:
http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceno.../04/26-02.html
Old 12-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Top Dog

Definitely from other dogs, yes! The foster puppies are great in how they learn from Boo - it makes life much easier for me! I'm pretty sure a study on model-rival training was done in dogs with success (the same technique used by Irene Pepperberg with Alex, the african grey parrot).

What's even more interesting to me is how jealousy factors into behavior. Boo decided a while back while at the barn that if the horse was going to go gaga over apples, then she ought to want them too.

It was the funniest thing - you could tell she didn't actually "like" them, but she wanted the apple chunks because the horse wanted them. Thus, at the barn, I could reward her with apple pieces, but at home she'd turn her nose up Of course, the fact that Boo was getting apples upset Billie (the horse) and there were a few times when Billie tried to take a chunk out of Boo after I'd given Boo a treat. It amazed me to see the interspecies jealousy at work.

I see the same thing with Boo when I foster puppies. Boo typically ignores bones unless they're very smelly and new. The puppies; however, typically will chew on anything at all. When there are no puppies around, Boo ignores any and all old bones lying around. When I have foster puppies; however, she gets guardy with the bones and I'll catch her chewing them more, presumably because she knows that they're desirable.

It's like dealing with little kids! Mind games!

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 AM
longthanh970

cái n*y hay.thank bác nha
Old 12-19-2012, 06:00 AM
Top Dog

Dogs are intelligent animals. Some owners would even believe that their dogs have the kind of intelligence that is nearly the same as the intelligence of humans. Instinctive intelligence enables dogs to do what they were bred for like when herding dogs instinctively know how to round up and drive animals. Dogs also have adaptive intelligence. This intelligence allows dogs to learn from their experiences and from other dogs. So yes, dogs do learn from each other.