Poor Art is sick

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
We noticed yesterday morning, that Art's muzzle/nose area was swollen a bit. When we looked closer the skin under his fur on the entire top part of his snout is red and discolored. We called the vet and they said to bring him in to have it checked out on Friday (tomorrow), but to give him some allergy med today to see if that helps. Art has to have allergy medication every once in a while as he has seasonal allergies, but it's usually a drippy nose, itchiness, and sneezing. The vet thinks it may be an allergic reaction to something, but it could also be trauma or an infection so we are trying the allergy med and taking him in tomorrow.

He will let us mess with it, but it does seem a little sensitive. We looked in his mouth and all seems well in there. It's sensitive to pushing on it, but he still grabs toys and tugs without any problem. So I'm hoping it was just an allergic reaction.

Though if it's an allergic reaction, then we have to find out what caused it! :(

spiffy

Sending loads of vibes for Art. Let's hope its only an allergic reaction and nothing more serious.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
What did you find out?

Is he allergic to puppies? ;)
Yes he's allergic to puppies! ^_^

They checked his mouth and all looked well in there, he even let them check it without much fuss, so it wasn't super sensitive. They ran some blood work and everything is within normal range there as well. So basically they just put him on antihistamines and we are going to check back in on Monday.

The swelling and redness are slowly subsiding, but it's not completely gone yet. Now I'm just concerned because I have no idea what caused the reaction. :/ There's nothing I can think of that works with the timeline, so I'm not sure what it was.

Members online

No members online now.