Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Dental health? Can youelaborate?
My Bailey, and other dogs I've met just have terrible teeth/oral health. They get the same (or more) care that the "other dogs" get but her mouth has always been bad. She has had broken teeth, she accumulates hard plaque in two weeks time... and it appears to run in her family. I'm trying a new supplement because now that she's living with my mom she doesn't eat raw and have her teeth brushed twice a day to keep it at least manageable. Right now she could use another dental but I just paid an incredibly large sum of money for her lump removal so I can't afford it right now.

And... there was something else I was going to reply to, but I forgot so.

Grilled Cheese.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RL1 RLV 9 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 12-13-2012, 05:50 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I calls me from school with a very garbled message on the machine, "I am staying for intermurals pick me up at 4.". A couple times listening to it, i got that last part clearly. Not pleased, because I pretty much insist on one day notice unless it's emergency for my Mom's taxi service. I go to the school at 4. no Hyia. I park, I go in, I look for her for a half hour, no Hyia. I finally find a teacher to find out Hyia got on the bus. THere was a bus. SO I come home. Hyia walks in the door, she said I ddin't say that I said I would be there until 4. SO I had her listen to the machine. SO she comes back with "well that's not what I meant to say". Uhhuh..we will rack it up with I didn't break it, My ELBOW did it."
Life with a 12 yr old.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Top Dog

My FIL just sent out a mass text saying "I just found out! I became a grandpa for the 1st time!"

I guess my BIL had his kid. But, uhm. My other BIL has a long-time girlfriend/fiancee. And she has a kid. So...I guess he doesn't count? I mean, technically neither BIL is married. But both girlfriends have a kid now. but only one of them matters?

That isn't going to go over well.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I'm STILL sick. I haven't been to work since Wednesday morning. I feel like crap. My headache hasn't gone away for days, my throat hurts, and I have on and off nausea and ear pain.

Eta: also when I run or like "stomp",my sinuses really hurt

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
I'm STILL sick. I haven't been to work since Wednesday morning. I feel like crap. My headache hasn't gone away for days, my throat hurts, and I have on and off nausea and ear pain.

Eta: also when I run or like "stomp",my sinuses really hurt
Doctor? It sounds like a sinus infection, which you'll need antibiotics to kick. I'm sorry you're feeling crappy

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
My FIL just sent out a mass text saying "I just found out! I became a grandpa for the 1st time!"

I guess my BIL had his kid. But, uhm. My other BIL has a long-time girlfriend/fiancee. And she has a kid. So...I guess he doesn't count? I mean, technically neither BIL is married. But both girlfriends have a kid now. but only one of them matters?

That isn't going to go over well.
:/ That sucks. I remember as a kid my step dad's mother (my other grandmother, I guess) would send cards and gifts to my siblings (they are his), but not me. I'm a pretty relaxed person so it didn't really bother me but it's still not a great feeling.

My aunt's MIL just sent our family a Christmas card, addressed to my mom and siblings. Uh, hey, I still live here..lol.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:20 PM
orange iguanas.

I HATE WORKING WEEKENDS.

I just have to keep reminding myself this is the last one. Well, the last one where I work enough that my weekend feels rudely interrupted. Working till noon every other Saturday sucks... but doesn't suck as bad.

Also, I almost died today because I am the only person on the planet who knows how to drive. Or, it sure feels that way. lol. Do not swing out RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME so that I have to swerve and hit my brakes to avoid plowing into your driver side door. DUMB.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Doctor? It sounds like a sinus infection, which you'll need antibiotics to kick. I'm sorry you're feeling crappy
Probably I really don't want to go, especially around Christmas when I need the money (and Chloe is getting her teeth done/getting spayed pretty soon here which is a $400+ procedure) but I may have to go in anyway.

Thank you!

Eta: what's weird though to me is that I have no cough or stuffy nose. Slightly runny nose but nothing like last time I had a sinus infection. It's odd. The flu is going around though, and I think it might be a small version of that. Which is why I haven't been to the dr yet. I have been hoping that rest/staying hydrated would kick it. Not yet, so the dr is looking more like a possibility.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 12-14-2012, 11:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Probably I really don't want to go, especially around Christmas when I need the money (and Chloe is getting her teeth done/getting spayed pretty soon here which is a $400+ procedure) but I may have to go in anyway.

Thank you!

Eta: what's weird though to me is that I have no cough or stuffy nose. Slightly runny nose but nothing like last time I had a sinus infection. It's odd. The flu is going around though, and I think it might be a small version of that. Which is why I haven't been to the dr yet. I have been hoping that rest/staying hydrated would kick it. Not yet, so the dr is looking more like a possibility.
Yes I would say you need tO see a doctor. You have been posting for a few weeks about being sick. That is not good. NO one should be sick that much or that long.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Top Dog

Clive's birthday is tomorrow (yay, 2!) Neither of his grandparents on my husband's side have even sent a card. I don't care so much about gifts...he's two, after all, and doesn't know what is from whom. But acknowledging it at all might be nice. My mom AND grandma both sent cards.