Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Default The big Disney Report

well... I figured I'd get started on our trip report. This is going to take days to complete probably so bear with me and check back often haha.

Our trip started at 3 am on SAturday when we got up to start the long drive (I don't fly... so we drive everytime) and after stopping for the night in Georgia we continued on our way on Sunday and arrived at our resort in Disney World, Old Key West around noon.

WELCOME HOME! That's what they say when you arrive at the resort and it's the best.

Here is the living room/dining room/kitchen area of our two bedroom villa. That's Hannah and her favorite cousin Madison. it's like an apartment lol I could live there but Disney has a stipulation that says you can't live there LOL

Our first night started out with a character dinner at Chef Mickeys. Here is the whole gang (14 of us total lol. Brians parents, my dad, siblings and neices and nephew)

The fab five came around to the tables to visit with everyone (Mickey, Minnie, donald, goofy and pluto)

After dinner we headed off to the Disney Junior Dance Party at HOllywood Studios.

This guy is from Little Einsteins and he really took a special liking to Hannah lol. He spent about 5 minutes with just her

Hannah and her favorite cousin, Mads

Hannah told Minnie how much she loves her and Minnie melted LOL

Goofy might be my new favorite. throughout the whole trip Goofy was a great character to meet (yes we met him many times lol). he really is a prince in disguise

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

The next morning we got up and went to Hollywood Studios. At this point I have to really sing Hannahs praises. She did not go to bed until midnight the previous night and I had her up around 7:30 the next morning. This was fairly typical of the trip, bed late and up early and she only took one nap the whole trip but she was so pleasant the whole time. She was probably quite tired and near the end of the trip she started getting a cold but she didn't throw ONE tantrum and she only cried ONE time when she broke the glass on her jewelry box and cut her hand (not badly thank GOD.. when I heard the glass break I was about to FREAK OUT thinking for sure she had to have sliced herself up).

Her beautiful face when we first arrived at the park Monday morning

First things first, sent Brian to get fastpasses for Toy Story Midway Mania... seriously the BEST RIDE EVER!!!! and while he was doing that we had to meet characters of course lol

Stitch was up first. He was funny. He kept teasing her with her book. (there was a little concert going on on the stage right next to us so that's why she has her ear muscles on)

Then the big moment arrived... PINK MINNIE. Her most favorite Minnie in the whole world is the one in the pink dress (hence Hannah's pink minnie dress she is wearing lol). there is just something super special about that moment when you watch your child meet their hero and the best part is these characters GET just how special this is for these kids.

Hannahs signature Curtsey

Kisses from sorcerer Mickey (daddys favorite character of all)

The video of the meet and greet with pink minnie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBxqoyqBg_o&feature=plcp

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Resident fainting goat

PRECIOUS PRECIOUS PRECIOUS <3 You can really see how happy she is in the pictures with pink minnie! what a special awesome trip MORE PICTURES!

..and i would totally live in that disney apartment lol
Old 12-11-2012, 04:47 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

PHINEAS AND FERB... my personal favorites lol

Getting down with her bad self

I had to jump in for a photo too lol (and a HUG haha)

They have a really cool playground there based on "Honey I Shrunk The Kids"

These little steps made music

Green army man from toy story... this is not a statue lol

Inside the waiting area for Toy Story Mania

After that we went back to the room for a break before heading back for the nighttime stuff. Hannah had to have a wardrobe change lol

Hannah, Brian and Grammy

Disney has an amazing lights display called the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. there was a family in Little Rock, Arkansas and the daughter wanted Christmas lights and the father went out and bought a ton of lights and did the house up Griswald style. The neighbors complained and the city made him take them down. Disney got wind of this and went to him and said "we'll take your lights, we'll add a ton more, and we'll name it after you" and this is what they did with them. the father passed away this past year, FYI.

A video of the lights display to music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwE_sjt5pk&feature=plcp

G.K. Chesterton

Old 12-11-2012, 04:48 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
PRECIOUS PRECIOUS PRECIOUS <3 You can really see how happy she is in the pictures with pink minnie! what a special awesome trip MORE PICTURES!

..and i would totally live in that disney apartment lol
Oh I have many many more pictures to come. this is only our first day hahaha. It's going to probably take a couple days to get this all done

Yeah I would also live in that disney apartment. it's bigger than my HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 12-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Waltzing with Santa Goofy. This was a fun character we hadn't met before

DAY 2:

The next morning it was off to Epcot. When you first walk in Daisy is RIGHT THERE so we couldn't just walk past lol

I love these photos where she's giggling with her hands up in front of her face... it was kind of the theme of this trip. SO MANY photos like this lol

BIG HUGS but Daisy wasn't done with her yet

Daisy took off her bracelet for Hannah to try on

Comparing shoes

Mickey was up next. These glasses kill me LOL

Mickey liked them too and wanted to try them on. silly Mickey, he also started a trend lol. Everyone had to try on the glasses after that

Even Pluto lol

OK... time to break for dinner.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

G.K. Chesterton

Old 12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

Do you guys do anything but hang out with characters? LOL. I'm horribly jealous.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

aggagagagag I will not convert...... ah heck , ya did it , I am loving some disney . and hannah Is adorbs as usual . where did the little baby go , she is all kid now.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:22 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

LOL, we mostly do characters but we do rides too. The best thing about this time of year is the crowds are really low so we don't wait more than ten minutes for anything lol. We did all the rides we wanted to do, sometimes more than once and met all the characters multiple times lol.

Bogart.... MWAHHAHAHA. But yeah seriously there is no baby left at all.. She is all little girl

G.K. Chesterton

Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Professional Nerd

I think you are at least the fourth person I know that was at Disney World last week. I'm missing out!