Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
My advice, which I'm sure you don't want, is DON'T GET A CREDIT CARD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
HAHAHAHA beat me to it!
Out of curiousity, why would you say that?

The only problem with credit cards are people that use them as "free money" or "I'll pay it off later" money, and then get into debt. The OP already stated that she will be paying the credit card off monthly, that she was interested in the rewards - completely different than wanting a credit card to make large, unnecessary purchases. Having a credit card, using it, and making on-time payments can really help your credit score. Having a good, long credit history will definitely help down the road in possibly financing a vehicle or a house.

I dislike this "credit cards are evil" mentality. I have multiple credit cards, and I've never paid a cent of interest on any of them. I get nice rewards checks for spending money on stuff I would be spending money on anyways (groceries, restuarants, gas, etc), and my credit score is good - excellent, considering my age.

Should financially irresponsible people get a credit card? No, probably not. But a credit card does not create a financially irresponsible person. Chances are, that person was already bad with money to begin with, and a credit card was just a further bad choice.