Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

It's 1pm ... My horse shoer isn't here, I might have to call him, my heart clinches at even the thought ... I hate calling someone I don't ever call, he's a friend, I should be freaking out about it but I do, why? Ill give him to 1:30 or so.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
That made me uncomfortable. It's one thing to be in a crowded room and see over people's heads, and another entirely to be unable to see over anyone's shoulder.
At 5'3" that's the story of my life. LOL. I can stand being in crowds as long as I can see a way of escape should I need to. But being in a crowded, indoor place...so crowded that you can't move about at all and all you see are men's belt buckles and the backs of people....that can bring on some anxiety for me. One time, years ago, I really had a panic attack. Other than that, not too much ruffles my feathers.

I don't hate calling people I don't know or most of the things mentioned. I mean, it's not fun to have to call the insurance agent or Comcast to come fix something, be put on hold forever etc, but I don't mind speaking to the other person. I don't know why...it just doesn't affect me as a big deal.

Germs...I've lived this long amongst germs. I'm reasonably careful but not overly concerned.

Being at a social gathering is an adventure to me. I like meeting new people. I'm a tad shy at first, but not terribly uncomfortable. Once I get to chit chatting or whatever, it turns out to be fun most of the time.

Oh, the thought of being late does make me nervous. I was raised to be prompt. My parents were so obsessed with being on time, that they wound up getting there early. lol. So, yeah...I'm almost always on time or early.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Flying... the thought of getting on an airplane is horrible. I never used to be afraid of flying. I flew all the time when I was younger. Now though... I hate it. But in my defense I have witnessed a plane crash. Not a passenger plane but a plane none the less. So yeah, flying gives me nightmares for weeks on end.

Open water. The movie open water is probably the most frightening movie ever lol. that scene where it's night time and everytime lightning flashes you just see them surrounded by shark fins... panic inducing. All my least favorite things... open water, in the DARK, sharks and a storm? terrifying. I do not mind being out on a boat but there is no WAY I am going in the water.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Top Dog

Oh yeah...flying. I forgot about flying. It's not that I'm afraid so much as it is that it causes me intense, excruciating...really over-the-top pain in my ears when descending. I dread flying and do it as little as possible.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-13-2012, 01:11 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
At 5'3" that's the story of my life. LOL. I can stand being in crowds as long as I can see a way of escape should I need to. But being in a crowded, indoor place...so crowded that you can't move about at all and all you see are men's belt buckles and the backs of people....that can bring on some anxiety for me. One time, years ago, I really had a panic attack. Other than that, not too much ruffles my feathers.

I don't hate calling people I don't know or most of the things mentioned. I mean, it's not fun to have to call the insurance agent or Comcast to come fix something, be put on hold forever etc, but I don't mind speaking to the other person. I don't know why...it just doesn't affect me as a big deal.

Germs...I've lived this long amongst germs. I'm reasonably careful but not overly concerned.

Being at a social gathering is an adventure to me. I like meeting new people. I'm a tad shy at first, but not terribly uncomfortable. Once I get to chit chatting or whatever, it turns out to be fun most of the time.

Oh, the thought of being late does make me nervous. I was raised to be prompt. My parents were so obsessed with being on time, that they wound up getting there early. lol. So, yeah...I'm almost always on time or early.
That is the story of MY life ... The seeing over everyone's heads that is, being 5'10 barefoot any kind of shoe puts me head & shoulders over most other ppl especially at the horse track in a community of jockeys & excersise riders lol makes me feel like Gulliver sometimes