Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Puppy Dog

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I think it's asinine to say that if we don't reply with something deemed "positive" to Stephy's thread it means we're unkind or not caring.

It's completely the opposite, actually.

I think the most harmful behavior was shown in Stephy's thread about prostitution. She posted in DETAIL exactly WHERE she was, the NAME she was using, and the amount she was charging. NONE of this information was edited by a mod. ANY creep could have been following along in her thread. If Stephy really WAS selling herself, that thread could've been VERY dangerous.

So bravo, moderators. For being so concerned about Stephy's wellbeing and mental health, you sure didn't care about her possibly being raped or killed that night.
I questioned this exact same thing on that very thread. How was one allowed to advertised her prostitution gig on a dog forum is beyond me. That was NOT a cry for help, it was pretty much advertisement.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Ive got a pretty good online BS detector, Stephy doesnt come close to tripping it, Twin Dogs and Dizzy however do.
I think you might want to get your meter checked, what exactly have those two strung together in an attempt to convince others?

Quote:
I think it's asinine to say that if we don't reply with something deemed "positive" to Stephy's thread it means we're unkind or not caring.

I think the most harmful behavior was shown in Stephy's thread about prostitution. She posted in DETAIL exactly WHERE she was, the NAME she was using, and the amount she was charging. NONE of this information was edited by a mod. ANY creep could have been following along in her thread. If Stephy really WAS selling herself, that thread could've been VERY dangerous.

So bravo, moderators. For being so concerned about Stephy's wellbeing and mental health, you sure didn't care about her possibly being raped or killed that night.

Feeding into Stephy's never ending threads with snippets of some TERRIBLE advice (i.e. telling her to stay strong while prostituting herself) is NOT helpful. Stephy has made it perfectly clear that she's not doing anything about her situation for at least a few weeks.
This.

I don't know that I will ever truly get over how horribly ignorant, dangerous, and offensive that thread was with all of its support for the act as if it's female empowering and a job that is totally not of concern. I shudder at the young girl googling and finding that thread if those who'd spoken out hadn't. Ya know, by not being positive and supportive.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I think you might want to get your meter checked, what exactly have those two strung together in an attempt to convince others?

This.

I don't know that I will ever truly get over how horribly ignorant, dangerous, and offensive that thread was with all of its support for the act as if it's female empowering and a job that is totally not of concern. I shudder at the young girl googling and finding that thread if those who'd spoken out hadn't. Ya know, by not being positive and supportive.
BOOM! Adrianne is dropping truth bombs today too

along with Sass, Jessie, and Jules
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
This^ Spamming every thread with what chapter or whatever is getting old starting crap in a facebook thread is getting old. (not the person who started the thread btw) Everyone is claiming worry about Romy but has anyone offered to help her with the dog?
Did you?

Just saying

Old 12-11-2012, 02:40 PM
swimming upstream

Quote:

Feeding into Stephy's never ending threads with snippets of some TERRIBLE advice (i.e. telling her to stay strong while prostituting herself) is NOT helpful. Stephy has made it perfectly clear that she's not doing anything about her situation for at least a few weeks.
I have stayed out of these threads beyond being a reader, and taking it all in--not making snap judgements and recognizing that there are some things that have to go the route they go--no matter the amount of advice or concern. I have concern for Stephy's well-being.

But I do take issue with your comment about the moderators--I know, big surprise, right? Here's the thing...you are lumping everyone into one category--you have NO idea what people are thinking or not. You have NO idea what people may have been doing with this information. You once again have jumped to conclusions. Moderating is a fine line. Clearly it's not a popularity contest to do what the "crowd" wants--but takes the ability to weigh all the factors, whether or not one agrees with the actual subject matter. Objectivity is critical--not subjectivity which seems to be the general consensus as to how things should go. If that were the case...many members would not be here.

carry on.....
Old 12-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter'smybaby View Post
I have stayed out of these threads beyond being a reader, and taking it all in--not making snap judgements and recognizing that there are some things that have to go the route they go--no matter the amount of advice or concern. I have concern for Stephy's well-being.

But I do take issue with your comment about the moderators--I know, big surprise, right? Here's the thing...you are lumping everyone into one category--you have NO idea what people are thinking or not. You have NO idea what people may have been doing with this information. You once again have jumped to conclusions. Moderating is a fine line. Clearly it's not a popularity contest to do what the "crowd" wants--but takes the ability to weigh all the factors, whether or not one agrees with the actual subject matter. Objectivity is critical--not subjectivity which seems to be the general consensus as to how things should go. If that were the case...many members would not be here.

carry on.....
For being so quick to moderate anything I write about a certain collar company (wham, bam, I post it, you "moderate it" and send me a PM warning), I find it insane that such personal, dangerous information was left up on the forum.

Stephy wrote in DETAIL to the exact BLOCK and STREET that she was prostituting herself at. She put her call name and the TIMES she was doing it. It's not about being a "popularity contest" to do what the crowd wants. It's about keeping a so-called "cared" about forum member SAFE.

What good was it doing to leave that information up for everyone to see?

The thread wasn't removed until DAYS after she posted it. THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of people saw that thread (as it blew up) and anyone could've shown up to hurt her.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-11-2012, 02:57 PM
swimming upstream

Quote:
For being so quick to moderate anything I write about a certain collar company (wham, bam, I post it, you "moderate it" and send me a PM warning), I find it insane that such personal, dangerous information was left up on the forum.

Stephy wrote in DETAIL to the exact BLOCK and STREET that she was prostituting herself at. She put her call name and the TIMES she was doing it. It's not about being a "popularity contest" to do what the crowd wants. It's about keeping a so-called "cared" about forum member SAFE.

What good was it doing to leave that information up for everyone to see?

The thread wasn't removed until DAYS after she posted it. THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of people saw that thread (as it blew up) and anyone could've shown up to hurt her.
we can tango again if you'd like Jessie--I don't really feel the need to--just quick to moderate where there is history.
This is a different discussion. I am pointing out a comment re:moderation here -- as I said--you have no idea what may or may not be going on.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Glutton for Crazy

It's gone now?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Funny how differences in perception work, Doberluv; I was under the impression that she's a catty, petty individual who makes broad-sweeping judgements about certain types of people, tries too hard to portray herself as eccentric because she thrives on negative attention and pity, wants everything practically handed to her, and believes she's above most of us "regular" people.

Hiding all of that behind a veil of poetry doesn't make someone a "gentle soul," it makes them manipulative.

Short and sweet.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter'smybaby View Post
we can tango again if you'd like Jessie--I don't really feel the need to--just quick to moderate where there is history.
This is a different discussion. I am pointing out a comment re:moderation here -- as I said--you have no idea what may or may not be going on.
Unless it was a sting operation for prostitution, there was no reason to leave Stephy's DETAILED information on WHERE and WHEN she was selling herself.

Really, you mean to tell me that it was necessary to leave that information out there? I'm purely talking about the information that she gave. IF she was telling the truth, ANYONE could've found her with that information. She had her prices, the block she was working, and her prostitution name listed. It was basically an ad saying "come find me," and it STAYED UP on these forums long after she decided to call it quits.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep