Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Funny how differences in perception work, Doberluv; I was under the impression that she's a catty, petty individual who makes broad-sweeping judgements about certain types of people, tries too hard to portray herself as eccentric because she thrives on negative attention and pity, wants everything practically handed to her, and believes she's above most of us "regular" people.

Hiding all of that behind a veil of poetry doesn't make someone a "gentle soul," it makes them manipulative.
I agree.

If I was in her position, I **** sure wouldn't be posting it online. It's sad really and I do feel for her a little bit.

I've learned, you never post things on a dog forum that you don't want opinions or judged on.

ETA- I have a smart phone, unlimited everything and only pay $40 per month. If I were you, I'd get a cheap throw away pay as ypu go phone. Hell, my car insurance isn't even $80 and I have full coverage.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Funny how differences in perception work, Doberluv; I was under the impression that she's a catty, petty individual who makes broad-sweeping judgements about certain types of people, tries too hard to portray herself as eccentric because she thrives on negative attention and pity, wants everything practically handed to her, and believes she's above most of us "regular" people.

Hiding all of that behind a veil of poetry doesn't make someone a "gentle soul," it makes them manipulative.
Word!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
I agree.

If I was in her position, I **** sure wouldn't be posting it online. It's sad really and I do feel for her a little bit.

I've learned, you never post things on a dog forum that you don't want opinions or judged on.

ETA- I have a smart phone, unlimited everything and only pay $40 per month. If I were you, I'd get a cheap throw away pay as ypu go phone. Hell, my car insurance isn't even $80 and I have full coverage.
Totally off topic.... but out of curiosity what phone company do you use??? My husband and I pay about $175 a month for both of our phones together and I'm shopping around for better deals so we can drop our cost down a little.

alrighty guys, carry on...
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 12-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Totally off topic.... but out of curiosity what phone company do you use??? My husband and I pay about $175 a month for both of our phones together and I'm shopping around for better deals so we can drop our cost down a little.

In Canada, FIDO offers $57 unlimited nationwide calling, texting/MMS and 2GB of data which is enough for who constantly have wifi access at work or home. And there are small companies coming out like WIND and MOBILICITY with unlimited everything for less than 50 dollars. Other providers are slowly offering competitive phone plans as well.

And like I said, if I am jobless, i would not be spending that fortune with my phone. I'd find the cheapest deal around. Or Pay as you go. Or better yet, NO CELFONE AT ALL until I find me a job.

I dont know about the US phone carriers. But I'm sure they are far better than their canadian counterpart.

And STEPHY is in Canada. Just saying.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Dogs View Post
In Canada, FIDO offers $57 unlimited nationwide calling, texting/MMS and 2GB of data which enough for who constantly have wifi access at work or home. And there are small companies coming out like WIND and MOBILICITY with unlimited everything for less than 50 dollars. Other providers are slowly offering competitive phone plans as well.

And like I said, if I am jobless, i would not be spending that fortune with my phone. I'd find the cheapest deal around. Or Pay as you go. Or better yet, NO CELFONE AT ALL until I find me a job.
She's in Vancouver. Especially since its near Christmas time, she can get Mobilicity for unlimited everything (data, local calling, world text) for 25$

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslough View Post
she's in vancouver. Especially since its near christmas time, she can get mobilicity for unlimited everything (data, local calling, world text) for 25$
exactly.
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Dogs View Post
Or better yet, NO CELFONE AT ALL until I find me a job.
For many people, myself included, a cell is the only phone we have. In order to get a job you need a phone number to be reachable by prospective employers. So I personally would say a phone is essential to getting a job.
Doesn't justify the $80/mo though since we have other Canadian members who have found better deals.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post

I think my dad pays $45 a month for a smart phone with unlimited everything from Straight Talk.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
We are Home.

I have to say keep in mind with changing carriers it usually takes TIME to switch numbers and I'm sure its her CURRENT number on job applications.

ETA: The last thing you want to do during holiday hiring is miss the first call (not call back that day) because they usually go on to the next person if its retail.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 12-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Taxiderpy

Food for thought, some carriers force you to pay a couple hundred bucks to cancel a contract if you signed on for a year or more. I have no idea if they do that in Canada, but I had to suck up a bigger than ideal monthly bill temporarily until I found a new job because I couldn't afford to cancel it.