Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM
orange iguanas.

Oh yeah I'm a germ freak too lol. It's funny because, most of the time, I don't mind animals slobbering on me or getting pee or poop or vomit on me. But if I touch a person? Feel like I have to dip my hand in bleach. Won't share a drink with anyone, running joke in this family is that if I were in the desert dying of thirst, I STILL wouldn't drink another persons water.

I suppose my biggest anxiety though is thinking that I'll never really accomplish anything or lead a happy life.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Top Dog

Money. I have a lot of financial anxiety, even though I'm pretty good with money. I am just constantly worrying about the "what-ifs".

Driving. When I first started driving, I was extremely anxious about it - I was the kid that was not excited to learn to drive. Now, I'm comfortable driving in normal conditions (snow still really bothers me), but I have issues riding in cars, I feel like I don't have enough control.

Being late. I have a major fear of being late to ANYTHING - work, class, appointments, whatever. Even just casual things with friends where 5-10 minutes late would be fine. I always give myself so much extra time that I often find myself doing a lot of waiting in my car once I get there.

I go through waves of animal-related anxiety, but that comes and goes. When people are over around the holidays, I have anxiety about the cat getting let out, someone feeding them chocolate, etc.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Kotah BEAR

- Not being able to control a situation. Not like in a control freak way but when I picture it going one way, it should go that way and ONLY that way.

- Being late to ANYTHING.

- Car wrecks.

- Stranger people. I am a very cautious person when it comes to strangers and if one comes up behind me and starts talking, I go into WTF panic mode, ninja style.

- Getting the hiccups gets my anxiety going. I don't know why but it does.

- Not being able to fix something the first go around.

- I am an overachiever so when I set out to do something my OCD goes into high gear and if it isn't done exactly how I want it, I freak out. That kinda goes hand in hand with the control thing.

- Elevators. I will ride one but will be completely get uncomfortable and panicky.

- Not having anybody to talk to when I'm mad, upset, sad, hurt, etc. It freaks me out to know that I could be in one of those moods by myself for a long period of time.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Oh, I forgot drive thrus. I will ride through a drive thru, but I will not drive through one. I never have. They're scary.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
- Not being able to control a situation. Not like in a control freak way but when I picture it going one way, it should go that way and ONLY that way.

- Being late to ANYTHING.

- Car wrecks.

- Stranger people. I am a very cautious person when it comes to strangers and if one comes up behind me and starts talking, I go into WTF panic mode, ninja style.

- Getting the hiccups gets my anxiety going. I don't know why but it does.

- Not being able to fix something the first go around.

- I am an overachiever so when I set out to do something my OCD goes into high gear and if it isn't done exactly how I want it, I freak out. That kinda goes hand in hand with the control thing.

- Elevators. I will ride one but will be completely get uncomfortable and panicky.

- Not having anybody to talk to when I'm mad, upset, sad, hurt, etc. It freaks me out to know that I could be in one of those moods by myself for a long period of time.
Oooo I hate HATE running late for anything & I hate not having time to preform tasks, here the track opens at 7am, I get to the barn by 5am or a little later to feed, give them 30 min to eat then walk them so I can clean their stalls (I track with OH on my horse ... So I don't have time to clean "nights worth" stall. So I stick them on the walker for a few long enough to clean & whatever. I don't even wait for OH (all he has to do is ride ... So he gets to the barn at about 6:30am :/

Old 12-10-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh god if I listed mine I'd sound like a nutcase.

- Someone being mad at me/me not being good enough. I can't stand when people are mad at me or disappointed in me.

- Calling people or voicemail especially.

- Heights. I get vertigoish feelings when I'm up high. Which is bad because I work on the 37th floor. And I may be in the elevator lobby, which is totally closed in and get the feeling of falling. There is one particular spot on the third floor of our building that makes me panic every time I walk through there. It's glass windows to the ground on one side and then a drop on the other to the first floor in the rotunda. I always walk through there with friends and I CAN NOT look anywhere other than directly ahead eye level or I won't make it across there. I will freeze up. And it's like 6 feet wide at least with rails but still...

- Feet. Ick. Feet touching me in particular.

- I have a relentless worry that I forgot to close the garage door or turn off my straightener or something and the house will burn down/get broken into. I have a horribly long ritual every morning to make sure I don't forget them. Sometimes I have to come check 3 or 4 times.

- Balloons, guns, fireworks. Any loud noises. I can't stand them.

- Dog stuff. Mia's knees in particular.

- Dead things. Dead fish especially. Which is bad when you have fish tanks...

I used to be really bad to the point of having panic attacks where I couldn't breathe. It's much better now, particularly the people interactions and phone calling. I have to call people a lot at my job so that got me over that pretty fast. I still derp on the voicemails every now and then though.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm also afraid of being without my phone, I'm convinced if I am for a moment my family or the like will call with an emergency or death and I'll miss it.

Obsessively worried or just plain crazy is what Denis calls it.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Wookie Collie

I used to have a ton. Therapy has solved many of them, as has getting my life in order.

Money's still a big one. I'm not very financially stable and it causes MANY late-night hours-long panic attacks. Working on that one.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Bored Now.

The big one is toilet water. Cant handle it. The house the OH lives at has plumbing issues, and the septic backed up last night, resulting in an inch of standing toilet water on the floor, and I couldn't stop shaking. It is my only true anxiety at this point - I got over a lot of the things that used to reduce me to a shaking mess, and that is the only one I still freak out over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

- Open water where I can't see the bottom. "something touched me? shark." I don't like natural bodies of water at all really..

- Strangers invading personal space.

- Even with people I care about..people touching my face. Your hands are dirty, hands have oil.. I am going to BREAK OUT. There is a REASON I don't have pimples people!
The last one I would not call an anxiety,but it drives me nuts. DO NOT TOUCH MY FACE AFTER TOUCHING YOUR PHONE OR COMPUTER! That is unacceptable behavior, and it is why I break out.

The other two I am uncomfortable with, but would not describe as an anxiety. Being in a room packed with strangers for longer than 20 minutes will set me off sometimes. We had a "dine with the redskins" event recently for the top sales and service people, and at 6'3" in heels I was still one of the shortest people there. That made me uncomfortable. It's one thing to be in a crowded room and see over people's heads, and another entirely to be unable to see over anyone's shoulder.

Also, try getting stung by a jellyfish while swimming in the ocean. Well, no, don't. It wasn't very fun.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Puppy Dog

I'm slightly germophobic. (Did I spell this correctly?) I get really nervous when someone's hand is too close to my face, it takes a lot of courage to visit a hair salon because the hand of the hairdresser is always too close to my face.