Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Top Dog

Telling anyone something that might be disappointing. "Your child is failing algbera" (had to get over that one quick, but I still tremble dialing the phone). "We changed our mind and don't want you to come do yard work for us anymore." "No, mother-in-law, I'd rather you didn't spend MY ENTIRE CHRISTMAS BREAK at my house...that's stressful to me and I want my break to be relaxing." (I have yet to have the guts to say this one).

Money. I know we have enough, but I am paranoid that we are going to be pinching pennies in our old age and/or working until we are 85. I am grateful that I am not anxious enough to forgo charitable giving, but I deny myself a lot of little pleasures (like a new (to me) car when mine is 13 years old) because I am afraid of the repercussions down the road.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:11 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I hate ledges.

I also get super anxious when I have to talk with someone on the phone that I haven't spoken with extensively in person. Going somewhere I'm not familiar with as stresses me out, especially when I'm driving.

And apparently being alone in my apartment also stresses me out.
Same here ... Sans the alone part ... I love being alone, to the poor where I sometimes get almost irritated with my OH's presence sometimes because HE'S very "clingy" like he doesn't like to be separated for very long , I m the opposite lol.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

I typically don't like my routine interrupted. Sometimes things that interrupt my norm make me cranky.

I also worry a LOT about money. I care very little for material things, but I've always had this crazy obsessive need for financial security. I like have money in my hand, in my pocket, in my bank account, and squirreled away in a million places. I guess growing up dirt poor will do it to you.

And what Fran said about making the jump from acquaintance to friend. I thought, "OMG that is so me!! How did she KNOW?!!"
Old 12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm a control freak but I hate making decisions for fear of disappointing those around me. I am paranoid about forgetting things to the point that it can be all consuming and I forget anyway. I don't like being touched and I have to remind myself to look people in the face. I panic in crowds like most but particularly when I'm confused. I have some strange environmental anxieties both associated with trauma and completely unexplained.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Show Dog

I hate the telephone at work. I hate calling people, hate answering it, detest calling people and getting an answering machine with a passion. And, oh God, when I'm in the middle of leaving a detailed message and the person picks up - absolute torture. I probably sound totally normal, but in my head in retrospect I think I sound like Mr. Bean.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:53 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Going to someone else's barn at the track & asking them for their services, like my horse shoer friend, I had to make an appointment wih him to do my horse's feet tomorrow.

He's my bud, the barn he was shoeing at are friends of ours ... It's stupid for me to be anxious about going over there, it's stupid of me to be anxious about our appointment tomorrow, I get the same when we have a rider come & take the horses to the track it's stupid I know, they are just doing a job, right? But still I can't help it. :/
Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Monies! When I sit down and actually look at it, I'm fine. We are totally able to deal with most issues that would come our way. But I still stress about it constantly.

Getting kicked out of our apartment. Again, mostly irrational, but I worry about it a lot. Not even because we couldn't find another place or anything like that, I just LOVE it here! And I don't want to leave

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Top Dog

Meeting new people and having to spend a lot of time with them one on one. I don't know why. I just get so worried like "What am I going to say?! My life isn't that interesting...". I know it's silly haha. I think I have some minor social anxiety all based upon worrying about my end of a conversation.

Answering the phone at home. Again, because unless they're one of a select few people, I worry about what I'm going to talk about. I feel like people can tell me stories and about their lives and all sorts of things, and I always feel like nothing interesting enough ever happens in my life so I don't have a ton of things to talk about. I don't want to bore people and I don't want them to think I'm strange.

I also really don't like sleeping at other people's houses haha. It feels weird to eat with people other than my own immediate family and it feels weird/rude to shower at other peoples' houses. I know it's totally illogical, and everything always goes perfectly fine once I'm at someone's house, but still.

Other than that I'm not sure. Trying new things I guess can get me a little worked up depending on what it is. Anticipating meeting a friend somewhere (again, the whole 'what am I going to talk about' thing!). I also hate making decisions that involve other people. I don't want to disappoint them - I prefer other people to be happy before I am, so I'd rather go with their decision (usually) than make them go with mine. Not really sure what else.

^ All of the above is why I'm just a little freaked out about flying to another province all alone and spending a bunch of time with people I don't really know. I know things always work out just fine and my stress is for nothing, but I do it to myself every time anyway.

Oh, I forgot! Passengering or driving in a car scares me a little just because there are sooo many stupid drivers out there. No matter how careful you are, the guy beside you might be an idiot. I guess I just don't like the lack of control. You can only be so proactive yourself - you can't make everyone else drive the same way. One of my biggest fears is someone I love getting into a car accident.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN

Last edited by Toller_08; 12-10-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Top Dog

-Germs. I wash my hand a lot.
-Getting into an accident. I was in an accident where the car spun around on black ice and hit the side of road.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:14 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Getting kicked out of our apartment. Again, mostly irrational, but I worry about it a lot. Not even because we couldn't find another place or anything like that, I just LOVE it here! And I don't want to leave
Oh this one. I'm so so glad we own now...the whole we rented, either place, I was completely paranoid that we would get kicked out for some reason. No idea why...we were good tenants who followe the rules and kept the place up and paid our rent on time but I would worry and worry...

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13