Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

That video is ridiculously cute. Ack puppies!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Top Dog

Is this thread only for puppies? I'm (planning on) getting a Chinese Crested Powderpuff Summer 2013, but it will likely be an adult rescue...
Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Top Dog

New Zip Tie picture!!! He's 2 weeks old today. <3

Zip by ZooomDog Photography, on Flickr
Old 12-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Resident fainting goat

ZIPPERS IS SO CUTE <3 and of course powderpuff cresties are allowed!!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Top Dog

Zip is adorable! I love his speckled little nose right now.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
New Zip Tie picture!!! He's 2 weeks old today. <3

Zip by ZooomDog Photography, on Flickr
Awww...he's so cotton pickin cute!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Top Dog

Awww so cute < 33

There has been a change of plans. If we end up moving to Texas, there might be a Czech GSD pup coming to Chaz in the summer-fall of 2013...

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

Seriously, can she get any cuter?!

I am so in love with this puppy already and I barely know her. I can hardly wait to live with her and work with her. She sounds so awesome, and she is way too cute! For someone who was so hoping for a red puppy, I find myself thinking that Aussies just don't get any prettier than the black ones suddenly LOL. Funny how one little puppy you know is yours can change your mind!

The picture was taken tonight when her breeder took her to puppy class. She was concentrating very hard at learning to sit. :-)

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Another potential breeding...if the breeding happens as planned, pups will be ready to go the end of July. I'm not 100% sure if that will be too early or not, but the breeder is very excited about this breeding and is planning to keep two pups from it herself. The end of July will be when my housing is going to be changing, so...we'll see, I suppose! But, regardless, pictures of the sire and dam!

Aust Ch Stormbay Neptunes Girl (Imp NZ)

and

Ch. Chesabar's Copper Reflection, RN, JH

Puppies will be due towards the end of May if the breeding goes as planned, and I'll for sure know by then whether a pup can happen end of July. Which I'm hoping by then it will work. I really, really want it to work.

I also think this is the breeder I'll be going with. She has little to no strings attached to purchasing a puppy, and even though the price is more than I really wanted to pay, her dogs are health tested and worked. I've also met one of her pups and I adored it.
I still have to contact one more breeder who looked promising, but I think I've decided that I'd rather pay more (double ) and have health tested lineage than skimp on the testing.

Coming up with the cash, though....That's going to be the issue. I have about $500 already put back, so I'm hoping another $700 won't be impossible to do, but...eek. It doesn't seem smart to spend $1200 on a dog when that's three months rent and I'm working a $9 an hour job. O.o

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 12-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post

Coming up with the cash, though....That's going to be the issue. I have about $500 already put back, so I'm hoping another $700 won't be impossible to do, but...eek. It doesn't seem smart to spend $1200 on a dog when that's three months rent and I'm working a $9 an hour job. O.o
I'm finding that my puppy is the best financial motivator that I've had, like, ever. lol Not for purchase price, but just for "stuff" that I want to do. Classes are expensive! Especially because I'm not looking to do a puppy/obed class and be done, I want to do performance classes on a continual basis. I make less than a dollar more than you, pay about $600/month in rent/bills/etc and have worked out a plan that allows me to save $200/month. So it is doable! Not very fun though

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.