Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-09-2012, 09:39 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Morgan LOVES snow, but he does get cold pretty easily. He will happily go out and shiver himself to death. He was SO HAPPY when I bought him his first pair of snow booties and made him a coat. LOL
Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

However... When not running around being a fool.

(Small but very Harlow)

She's a wimp to cold, unless during zoomies. But even then I normally keep her coat on, unless she is by water like that first picture, because then it just gets soaked. She sleeps under the covers if it is under 50 degrees. She also expects blankets and pillows to be on the couch during her time not playing outside. And PJ's are coming this year, because her hoodie just doesn't do it inside, Duh Mom. XD

Rider is unknown. Seems to be fine so far! Doesn't melt in the rains, so I'm betting he will do just fine.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Rory LOVES the cold weather. He'll roll in snow, try to swim in iced over lakes/rivers... he's crazy.

Tucker does well with the cold, but I'll put a coat on him if we're hiking in the snow. He'd stay outside in the cold weather for hours, though- the snowier the better.

Emma does okay in the cold as long as I put a sweater or coat on her.

Chloe is a wimp when the temperature drops below 70. Whenever we're having a "cold" morning, she'll run outside to do her business. Then she'll scratch at the door to be let back inside. She runs up the stairs and gets under the blankets on our bed. Such a wimp!

Rylie does okay in the cold, but prefers warmth. I'll put a sweater or coat on her if it's cold enough for her to feel it.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Top Dog

Peewee loves the cold. The rain not so much. But he doesn't feel the cold.
Ivan is a BIG wussy. All walks are halted from about mid november to mid may. Provided there is no snow any earlier or later. and if the temp is 55 and above. He refuses to go for a walk. He will act like hes all excited for the walk and then 50 feet from the door hes shivering, whinning and trying to turn around. And if that doesn't work, he will crouch down. Ivan thinks the ideal temp is 70 and above. 70 to 55 is some what tolerable. 55 and below is for the nutcases. But yet he will go out and play in the rain.