Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Wookie Collie

Default Need general vibes and positive thoughts right now.

Nothing huge or bad is happening right now, so don't stress.

Right now my life is... I hope to say it's in the state of extreme change. My home life has been shambles for awhile now. I'm trying to repair where I can but there's no motivation from the other side to do so, so I really don't know how long it can go on. Sometimes I think the only reason things haven't changed drastically yet is fear.

I wish I could say more and not be so vague about everything. I've been somewhat quiet on the forum lately. I don't like sharing intimate personal details of my life much, except amongst close friends. If anyone wants to know more they can PM.

Anyways, negativity out of the way. The above is compelling me to create something bigger for myself. My day job is going fantastically, and in turn some incredible opportunities have arisen for AlliePets. The big one is that a good friend who is already a savvy entrepreneur herself has offered to help me take my business to the next level. All of the things I want to do with it are hopefully going to be recognized in the coming few months.

This includes:
  • Personal licenses vs. Commercial licenses vs. Nonprofit licenses for illustrative work.
  • Giving back to rescue with EVERY portrait.
  • Organizing my services into a format that's easily readable on the website, easier to manage for me, and possibly introduce some offerings I haven't before.
  • Prints, t-shirts, products.
  • Cross-promotion with local businesses and rescues, really starting to integrate myself with the community in Ottawa.
  • Getting a bookkeeper. FINALLY. LOL.

There's more, likely. Hopefully. Anyways, as a lot of you know, AlliePets is on the way to being successful but I've really just been floating for the three years I've been active. I'm eager to take this off the ground and really start rocking it. It means I an truly throw myself into my business more and have it come back to me, plus I can have a LOT more financial freedom which would alleviate 90% of my stress in terms of my current personal problems.

So uh, yeah. I say it often but Chazzers are the reason my little art business is as popular as it is now. It's you guys who most often frequent my Livestreams, regularly return for new portraits and art, and pimp my services to others. I'd be nowhere without you and I ain't forgetting you when my business hopefully REALLY takes off in the new year. I'll probably need to rely on you guys again for some promotion love, because you guys are just so darn good at it!

Okay I've written a novel. Now I'll accept any vibes, prayers, positive thoughts and whatever else you can muster that my business goes where I want it to, and that my personal life gets sorted however which way it might get sorted?

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 12-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Top Dog

You've got truck loads of vibes headed your way. Your business sounds like it's really going to take off and you'll be very successful. Best wishes for everything to go well for you in your business and hope that your home life will sort itself out soon. You sure don't need tension in that department when you're going to get extra busy probably in the near future. Keep us posted on how things go. And I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
You've got truck loads of vibes headed your way. Your business sounds like it's really going to take off and you'll be very successful. Best wishes for everything to go well for you in your business and hope that your home life will sort itself out soon. You sure don't need tension in that department when you're going to get extra busy probably in the near future. Keep us posted on how things go. And I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
The one huge downside to life in general right now is the bolded. Home life isn't horrid, but it's by NO means condusive to productivity or creativity. I've recently been renovating my office space to be my little hovel of creavitity and inspiration. That's been helping immensely.

Thanks for the kind words Dober.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 AM
Felurian

Oh, Allie -- if anyone deserves to have a dream like this come to fruition, it's you. <3

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Top Dog

Yay for the business! Good luck and good vibes coming your way!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:51 AM
Blackout

(tons of vibes) I'm rooting for you!
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Behavior Nerd

You've got all the good vibes! and some hugs, too, because one can never have too many of either!

Can't wait to hear about the awesomeness that the future holds!

Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Just try me..

Alllll sorts of vibes your way! You have some serious talent (you know I love your stuff) so I am thrilled to hear your plans!!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Resident fainting goat

Lots of vibes from me! You are so talented! ((HUGS)) *VIBES*
Old 12-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Lots and lots of vibes sent from me! I loooove your work

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep