Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-09-2012, 03:20 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Default What are your anxieties?

For me it's large crowds, using a public restroom (I try to go when no one is in there if I can ... Something about them hearing me "go" or something lol) & lastly ... Calling someone on the phone for the first time ... Even if its someone I know, I still get nervous :/.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

Walking into a room I can't see into ahead of time. I've worked at the same place for over 3 years, and I still can't go into the break room unless I'm going in with someone. The way it is set back in the hall, you can't see who is in there or where they are until you are actually in the room.

Zero trauma in my life that led to the issue, unless I'm repressing something crazy. It just makes my panic. More than once, I've walked halfway down the hall and turned back around. I just don't eat lunch anymore so I don't have to stress about it.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Top Dog

Doing anything out of the norm. I'm a habitual person, and if my schedule is thrown off then I freak.

Using the phone. My hearing isn't awesome, so it's just ridiculously awkward for me to call someone, knowing I probably won't be able to hear them clearly.

Crowds or crowded places.

Zander running. Biggest fear, and I stress over it every minute of every day. Thus why I can't handle getting another fluffybutt at the moment.

People at the door that I don't know. I've been known to run and hide when the doorbell rings.

That's almost it, I think. I'm an anxious person in general, so it's sort of never-ending.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:03 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I hate ledges.

I also get super anxious when I have to talk with someone on the phone that I haven't spoken with extensively in person. Going somewhere I'm not familiar with as stresses me out, especially when I'm driving.

And apparently being alone in my apartment also stresses me out.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:07 PM
orange iguanas.

Phone calls are an iffy one lol. Answering them I don't mind too much, but I hate having to call. I do much better with face-to-face conversation, so I also don't use drive-thrus for this reason lol.

And I have self-diagnosed myself with social anxiety, so most social situations really get me going.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Oh, I don't have an hour to answer this right now, but I'll be back!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Felurian

Normally, not much of anything gets to me, but recently the insanity here has escalated and it's been . . . intense. I'm finally (oh, I hope) getting over a period of time where, at the sound of my mother's voice, I was having intense chest pains and my hands would shake uncontrollably. The shaking never really went away, either. Seemed like I broke every freaking thing I tried to work on.

Now I know what's going on and the anxiety-type stuff is subsiding, but now there's the anger to get through And if someone says something nice to me it's all I can do not to stand there and bawl like an idiot.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Sit! Good dog.

My most irrational fear is window cleaners I hate them. HATE THEM.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Resident fainting goat

- Heights. Tall parking lots give me anxiety, the idea of rock climbing is my own personal hell

- Open water where I can't see the bottom. "something touched me? shark." I don't like natural bodies of water at all really..other than the ocean and even then..

- Making the jump from acquaintance to friend. Always. I am an exceptionally good dinner guest, student, acquaintance.. but the minute things get intimate (them calling me on the phone, inviting me out one on one, etc.. ) my anxiety skyrockets. My therapist thinks I have intimacy issues lol

- People calling me period lol

- Dogs escaping collars/running away. I walk dogs and I am constantly anxious of dogs escaping and running in the street

- Germs. I don't like touching things on the train, shaking hands with certain people, etc.. hand sanitizer is my friend.

- Strangers invading personal space. Library full of computer stations and someone sits next to me/running next to me on the treadmill at the gym/sitting next to me on the bus. GET. OUT. OF. MY. BUBBLE.

-Bumps in the night. Yes, I am an adult. Yes..sounds in my apartment put me into a boogeyman panic

- Driving/being in the car with people. If the person isn't a REALLY GOOD driver.. like the kind of people who are distracted, lean on their breaks etc... even if they are good drivers, I am in constant fear someone is going to hit us. I hate it. I have never been in a real car accident, there is NO REASON for me to be as scared of cars as I am

- Even with people I care about..people touching my face. Your hands are dirty, hands have oil.. I am going to BREAK OUT. There is a REASON I don't have pimples people!

so much more lol but those are the main ones lol
Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Top Dog

Thinking about it, yes, I hate making phone calls to people I don't know. It's really awkward for me. I have to think it over a million times about every way the conversation could go before calling. I also really hate angry people at my work, I tend to /avoid and slink around.

I've decided I'm very anxious about driving in snowstorms. I get panicked, I get upset if someone is behind or in front of me, my heart is in my throat.