Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 12-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Well I just accidentally shaped Payton to crawl. *facepalm*

Also Pepper needs to learn how to reliably lay down before we go any further. Auggie is currently digging at the floor with one paw while laying down... I guess it's a start?

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Mountain Dawg

I used Southpaw's idea and shaped Lugia to cross her paws using a paper target... she kept trying to jump up to pounce on the target at first I really wish I could film our training sessions, she does some super cute things sometimes. LOVED seeing Squash pick up the blanket on his own and try to roll in it!

For the next session, I need to introduce a cue (which I'm horrible at for some reason, I wonder if I'm always getting the timing wrong?) and fade out the target. Thanks for making these threads every week Sara, I'm so uncreative when it comes to thinking of new tricks to teach Lugia!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Top Dog

Working on this...I'm actually surprised that he is catching on! I thought it would be a little more difficult.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:00 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Ohhhhh I've been wanting to do this one! Hmmmm let me see what Kimma and I come up with this weekend

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 22 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 5 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 12-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Twin 1

Well, I started with Boone tonight. As I thought, he was really hung up on the side hop. But after a while, he finally switched to front end movement. And now I'm slowly shaping just movement of the front paws into his front paws being moved closer together. It's going to take some work and will probably be slow progress, but I think it will turn out okay.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 PM
such sights to show you

So far Maisy is getting this the best. She has caught on that I want her to move just her front paws, and she started doing this adorable little right tap-left tap-right tap-left tap thing just in place while she's laying down. I'm going to try to get video of it.

Pip hasn't completely caught on, but he seems to be moving in the right direction.

Squash, on the other hand... keeps just flopping on his side. I moved him onto the floor away from the sleeping bag and he just lays and stares at me for long stretches of time and flops over on his side. I even tried cheating by moving his paws unnaturally far away from each other thinking he'd at least scoot them closer so I could mark something... but no. He just lays there with his paws unnaturally wide for long stretches of time and then flops over. LOL.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Top Dog

Zander and Squash are on the same wavelength. I was going to record today.

But then realized there was nothing to record except Zane beating me up or staring at me like I'm an idiot.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Twin 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
He just lays there with his paws unnaturally wide for long stretches of time and then flops over. LOL.
I believe a video or at least a picture should be provided...so we can more fully understand what you're talking about. Uh huh. That's totally why.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:06 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I am surprised at this - Maddie was my vocal one! She was barking and growling and scratching me to pieces lol She started tucking her paws under (she lays like this all the time) and I started clicking for that.

Bailey started off targeting whatever she could - I have a bruise on my knee from her nose to prove it! lol
My shoes, the carpet, the chair, the table leg, then she started moving her front paws and it was like the magic "light bulb moment"

This is a hard one, though! I like it

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 12-08-2012, 11:09 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffStuff View Post
I believe a video or at least a picture should be provided...so we can more fully understand what you're talking about. Uh huh. That's totally why.
Haha. I actually do have video but YouTube is having especially unreasonable upload times tonight so you'll have to wait until tomorrow for Squash-flopping and Maisy-tapping.