Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-08-2012, 01:03 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Then yes you do have a say ... Blech just reading that lovey dovey stuff makes me want to hurl I hate PDA :P having recently started to get good at Spanish & working at the race track for so long ... So I get the language barrier thing.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Yah, because SHE'S being the catty one...

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-08-2012, 01:08 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Stephy ... Explain "catty", because what you are perceiving as catty could be just a culture/language issue/difference. She may not know she is being offensive.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
You should have a talk with the roommate when the girlfriend isn't around and make an effort to be clear and non-confrontational. Let him know that you're not comfortable with guests past a certain hour.

People have no way of knowing something like that is bothersome until it's pointed out. People have wildly different living styles. You need to communicate this sort of thing.
Yes... but I don't see her as rude at all, in fact you sound worse in this scenario, I'm sorry you are uncomfortable with the language barrier but its time to say hey, lets try to find a better way of communicating, at least she's making an effort.

It's hard to see people being happy when you're not, misery loves company and lovey couples aren't exactly your bag right now but I'd suck it up except for times when it's interfering with your sleep.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Yes... but I don't see her as rude at all, in fact you sound worse in this scenario, I'm sorry you are uncomfortable with the language barrier but its time to say hey, lets try to find a better way of communicating, at least she's making an effort.

It's hard to see people being happy when you're not, misery loves company and lovey couples aren't exactly your bag right now but I'd suck it up except for times when it's interfering with your sleep.
That's what I meant--that's why I don't think she should talk to the girlfriend at all.

I wouldn't be able to handle having guests over at 3AM in the same room with me on a regular basis, so I don't think wanting that to be a general house rule is unreasonable.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:16 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Then yes you do have a say ... Blech just reading that lovey dovey stuff makes me want to hurl I hate PDA :P
It's his apartment, how does "in your own home" qualify as a "public display of affection?" I'm sorry if you're so lonely in your own life that seeing other people happy makes you want to hurl. Really, I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Uh huh...

Seriously though, OP, you've been there three days, it was his apartment first, adults are allowed to date and you cannot reasonably expect people to not laugh, giggle, talk or display affection in your presence. Buy some ear plugs and don't watch them if they bother you so much.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Blackout

I've been nothing but very passive - they've been loud, VERY expressive, and inconsiderate in general (leaving their mess around the kitchen area, playing loud music at all sorts of hours etc). How am I worse?
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 12-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
This.

Get some earplugs and thank your lucky stars you have someplace safe and decent to live.
She isn't stealing, hurting, or being obtrusive..they are just being a couple.What you are describing is hardly worth making a big fuss over IMO especially with your life and living situation the way it is.
Even if you are paying half...if you aren't on the lease he is well within his rights to tell you to take a hike.

My advice? Be nice to both of them, buy some earplugs and mind your own business. Don't like them cuddling while making breakfast..don't look. This is a short term very lucky arrangement.. ever try finding an apartment on your own? Credit checks? Co-signers? the time it takes?

I would suggest looking at the bright side. These aren't BAD room-mates. A bit inconsiderate? Sure.. but that's the price to pay with living in a studio with people.

Even if they are loud, messy, and annoying. Renting a room short term with room-mates who aren't NUTS is an exceptional find. and I mean nuts like stealing..lying..drug using..picture taking psychopaths.
You aren't on the lease.. it's HIS apartment. Focus more on your life and less on these tiny annoyances.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Blackout

Yes but you think that having that all happening at 3 AM is OK? With lights, loud voices, and raucus and all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
It's his apartment, how does "in your own home" qualify as a "public display of affection?" I'm sorry if you're so lonely in your own life that seeing other people happy makes you want to hurl. Really, I am.

Uh huh...

Seriously though, OP, you've been there three days, it was his apartment first, adults are allowed to date and you cannot reasonably expect people to not laugh, giggle, talk or display affection in your presence. Buy some ear plugs and don't watch them if they bother you so much.

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 12-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Blackout

Actually I AM on the lease - signed something with the building manager the afternoon I moved in. I'm very nice to the both of them - they aren't horrible and I didn't say they were. But I don't think it's unreasonable of me to expect a little peace - especially at 3 AM on any night.... I tiptoe around my computer and watch how loudly I chew when he's asleep - but he's a bull in a china shop with that girl when I'm resting/at very early hours.

I'm not saying that they have no right to do all of that - but exercise it within reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
This.

Get some earplugs and thank your lucky stars you have someplace safe and decent to live.
She isn't stealing, hurting, or being obtrusive..they are just being a couple.What you are describing is hardly worth making a big fuss over IMO especially with your life and living situation the way it is.
Even if you are paying half...if you aren't on the lease he is well within his rights to tell you to take a hike.

My advice? Be nice to both of them, buy some earplugs and mind your own business. Don't like them cuddling while making breakfast..don't look. This is a short term very lucky arrangement.. ever try finding an apartment on your own? Credit checks? Co-signers? the time it takes?

I would suggest looking at the bright side. These aren't BAD room-mates. A bit inconsiderate? Sure.. but that's the price to pay with living in a studio with people.

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard