Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Top Dog

Can we discuss birth announcements??

I want to tell most of my friends that I'm expecting in their Christmas cards.
I don't want to do so some kind of cutesy thing with baby shoes and bows and pictures of me holding a sonogram with a santa hat photoshopped onto it - I think those are really sweet, but I'm young, single, and most of my friends are total "yuppies", and they wouldn't "get it" except for my handful who are already parents.

I'm considering just signing them "Alex & Baby due June 2013", or just after writing "Happy Holidays, I miss you, hope all is well, how's law school/married life/living in China/being a rockstar/your sex change going?" just writing "Exciting news - I'm expecting a baby in June".

I'm starting to see why people just put their sonogram pictures up on facebook and let everyone know that way I don't want it to seem impersonal but I also don't want to seem like I'm shoving it in their faces and looking for attention, or something.

I also have to make sure these cards are PERFECTLY timed because I a) want them to arrive before Christmas and b) don't want them to arrive before I tell my grandma in person I'm expecting, which will be December 13th. I think I'll send them out the 10th?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Be cute. I get annoyed by friends who don't appear excited! Even if I'm drowning in pregnant friends.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

You've all been quiet lately so here's this weeks bump pic!

I've been craving orange juice and citrus fruit like nobody's business! I'm also feeling movement every day.

We find out the gender on the 31st which seems like a lifetime away.

How are the rest of you beautiful ladies doing?
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 PM
PSD Partner

Nice picture. We are doing great. I am producing so much milk now that I am able to donate to two ladies who need help till their supplies come in properly since they are having trouble. So making enough for 3. lol Between feeding Nico, pumping every 4-5 hours and keeping up with Nico and the house I am busy. Tired but happy.

With my first two boys I craved citrus like crazy too.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Resident fainting goat

Best birth announcement..ever.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:00 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Best birth announcement..ever.

That is very funny!!! ROTF

A question ... Did/do any of you have an probs with post partem depression? Or did you know someone who did? If so how long does it last? Also, can you have depression while pregnant?

Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Top Dog

Go you Nicole! That's amazing!

Fran, that is fantastic.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:33 AM
PSD Partner

Thanks Allison. I am very happy about it. If I can help them I will. Right now I have 74 baggies in my deep freeze of 6 ounces each. So I can defaitnely help others. I pump around 3-5 baggies a day but usually 4. And Nico only drinks one bottle of 3 ounces a day and the rest of the time is on the breast for feedings. So one baggy lasts him two days. So we can share easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
That is very funny!!! ROTF

A question ... Did/do any of you have an probs with post partem depression? Or did you know someone who did? If so how long does it last? Also, can you have depression while pregnant?
I had it slightly after having my second and really bad after my 3rd. So bad my doctor put me on meds but sadly my system reacted badly and the effects of the medication changed my life in awful ways and the reprocussions I am still trying to repair. I won't take any type of antidepressants or such any more and suggest that any one that does seriously read over the side effects and weigh the pros and cons before taking.

I have not had any issues after have Nico. It can last for months and even years though. And yes you can have depression while pregnant.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:47 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Yeah anti depressants & anti psychotics (I hate they term ) aren't good for me either ... Sometimes ADHD ppl are oh on anti depressants & the like ... I hate them too.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Top Dog

I got pregnant while on an antidepressant and a mood stabilizer - for bipolar disorder and severe PMDD.

I went off of both of them as soon as I knew I was pregnant (under a doctor's supervision), knowing if I had bad symptoms, I would need to go back on them. So far, I'm 14 weeks, and haven't had any major problems except for nightmares and hypnogogic hallucinations, which went away with a supplement.

I am expecting to have severe post-partum depression. There's a chance I won't, but...it's likely I will. I've been warned there is a strong possibility I won't be able to breastfeed because I'll need to go back on medication. It's also one of the reasons, among many others, that I'm going to be living with my parents after the birth.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com