Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Finding a different hospital has saved someone I care with all my heart about. THis person was in crisis and the first hospital gave us no solution, and even made us feel that if we came back we were "using" the system. THe second hospital not only recognized what the true issue was, but were incredibly instrumental in finding the right combination of medication to returning my loved one to a stable life where activities of daily living were possible, and happiness was obtainable for the whole family. Before that, was a spiral down and a desperate feeling of complete loss of control. Do not hesitate if the first hospital, or first doctor is not helping to reach out to another. It takes time to find your answers, but if you don't go back, or to another, and continue the pattern that you have shown here, you are putting yourself in danger. IT just doens't have to be this way. IT can turn around and be so much better.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 12-07-2012, 01:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
Finding a different hospital has saved someone I care with all my heart about. THis person was in crisis and the first hospital gave us no solution, and even made us feel that if we came back we were "using" the system. THe second hospital not only recognized what the true issue was, but were incredibly instrumental in finding the right combination of medication to returning my loved one to a stable life where activities of daily living were possible, and happiness was obtainable for the whole family. Before that, was a spiral down and a desperate feeling of complete loss of control. Do not hesitate if the first hospital, or first doctor is not helping to reach out to another. It takes time to find your answers, but if you don't go back, or to another, and continue the pattern that you have shown here, you are putting yourself in danger. IT just doens't have to be this way. IT can turn around and be so much better.
I second this. What have you got to lose by trying? Even if you don't feel like it? It's not hard to do this, is it? Not really. If you don't care or have it in you to care about yourself, obviously, what you've been doing isn't working. Why not try something else that people here are suggesting? It isn't that hard to go to a few places and try to get in. Why not take advice and see what might be done? You have gotten to a point of complete apathy, it seems like. So, if you don't have the strength to work it all out, let someone else help you. It's time to get some emotional healing from a real doctor. Isn't a future worth a try?
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Blackout

I have a feeling a counselor/life coach along with a good doctor (the kind that treats patients like patients instead of liabilities) would help. I mean, I've heard good things about UBC Hospital - and I would look into maybe, like, a rehab/retreat center?

But I've got things to do - secure a job, secure a place to be, sort out the legalities of the house. I'm thinking in the New Year maybe - but not at the moment. I'll try to be ok till then.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 12-07-2012, 06:48 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Why can't you do those things AND see a doctor? You have a million excuses why you can't do it right now but really you only need ONE reason to do it now. Get help and all those "need to do" things will become easier to accomplish when you aren't fighting yourself. Part of me is startig to think you don't want to be better.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Please do not let fear keep you from help. Get stable and find the right program and work it girl. You can do it.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Haven't read enough to know if this has been asked, but why is it your job to handle the legalities of the house. Was the house in your name? I thought your parents were the ones that owned it which means they would be the ones that legally have to take care of that stuff... Unless things are run differently in Canada??? I just feel that with all you have going on right now, the last thing you need right now is the burden of your parents' house.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Top Dog

Yes I meant the mental facility..I really think you should get that taken care of first and then move on to the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Haven't read enough to know if this has been asked, but why is it your job to handle the legalities of the house. Was the house in your name? I thought your parents were the ones that owned it which means they would be the ones that legally have to take care of that stuff... Unless things are run differently in Canada??? I just feel that with all you have going on right now, the last thing you need right now is the burden of your parents' house.
I don't know much about it all, and I hate to say it, but they aren't going to allow someone to assume the mortgage that has no job or has just recently started a job . Usually you need to show stable job history (in the same job for a year or two) before they will approve.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
They're not going to give you any information. It's simple as that.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Stephy, I think you need to fully concentrate your efforts on YOURSELF and YOUR wellbeing.

Your parents lost their house. THEY lost it. Not YOU. Before you can help anyone else, you need to help yourself.

You said your dad is in hiding, and your mom/uncle (?) were behind having the house taken away. If none of them want the house, it seems out of your control anyway.

Why wait until after the New Year to get yourself help? It seems like you're making excuses. Don't procrastinate. Getting help will only make it easier to secure a place to live/job.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-07-2012, 01:44 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

But ... To have a job you must be willing to work for what you want, I don't know how old u are ... But it's a sad fact that in this world ... If you want something you're gonna have to be willing to make the tough uphill climb for it, we all did it & of a crazy, weird, ADHD sufferer like me can do it ... So can you.

Everyone falls on hard times ... The important thing is what you DO about it.