Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Top Dog

Mine is very low--80/60 isn't uncommon. I do faint when I stand up frequently, and it sucks. I'd talk to your doctor about it.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Mine is normally low. I'm frequently 105/60.
That's considered low?!?!? I thought that was like, perfect. I get really excited when my blood pressure is around there.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Top Dog

120/80 is considered an average normal. But there's a range. And it fluctuates throughout the day or over longer periods. So, you can't really just take in once in a great while. You have to take it often to see a trend. If the trend for you is to have say...110/70 or thereabouts, then it goes up to 130/90 or so and stays like that for a long time, it's something to watch, although that is still close to average normal for most people. If someone is always at 130/90, it might not mean a red flag that it's going to go up even more into the pre-hypertension range. Of course, that's all within reason. Hi blood pressure is high blood pressure no matter what someone normally is....if it's too high. Higher than around 140/90 and it's getting up there.

I got dehydrated last year....or that's the suspicion anyhow. And mine dropped to 60/ something. I forget now exactly. I passed out and was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. It was so low that they said if it had dropped about 10 points, I would have gone into a coma because I had almost no blood pressure at all. I felt like crap. IV fluids and an hour or so later, I was fine. I was checked for stroke and had an MRI because they weren't sure why this happened. But it was most likely a combination of things, dehydration being the most likely influential cause.

But if your blood pressure is rather low....110 or 100 over whatever (usually about 40 points) and you don't have any symptoms, that's a good thing. It means your heart isn't working so hard and your arteries are not being over taxed by all that pressure etc. I usually have much lower when I'm consistently exercising a lot and when I'm at a decent weight. Smoking also makes it go higher.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson