Health insurance for babies?

milos_mommy

I have a question.

How does health insurance for a newborn work?
Can you apply before they're born, so they're already insured at birth?
Does this change on whether you're purchasing private insurance or income-based government insurance?
Or do you just apply after they're born? If that's the case, will insurance still cover the hospital costs from the birth?

darkchild16

We are Home.
Depends on the insurance. With private pay with Bev we had to send her info in BUT I sent the bills to them and they covered her from birth.

With Morgan and then Savannah (state sub insurance) they were covered from the second they were born. You just started paying their insurance bill and deductible.

Taqroy

Definitely depends on the insurance. I have 30 days after the baby is born to declare a "Life Changing Event" (hah) and get him/her on the insurance. All bills will be covered from birth on. Hospital bills are split between mom and baby I think - the labor/delivery/my hospital stay will show up under me, the baby stuff will be under baby. I have insurance through my employer, I'm not sure how other systems work.

Grab

Same as the above for me. He was covered for 30 days on mine.

milos_mommy

I guess I'll just call the insurance company then and see how it works. Thanks guys.

Members online

No members online now.