The homemade dog

*Sad face* My homemade dog thread I started yesterday disappeared. I guess the forum gods don't like me. Well too bad!!

So what do you guys make for your dog. My sewing machine should arrive tomorrow, but I have Puppy classes tomorrow and a vet appointment on Thursday. Hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance to take her for a test drive. I would like to make bed covers for the rug rat and maybe try my hand a simple jacket.

I also dehydrated liver one weekend. Yay for a basement with doors & windows! I might try that again soon. He really liked those as treats.

What do you guys make for your critters.

Wondered what happened to that thread, hope it wasn't because of my dehydrating liver description.

One year I ground up beef hearts, moulded them into heart shapes in cookie cutters, and dehydrated them. Yeah, I'm sure the dogs looked at those little heart shapes (that took forever to make) and felt the love. Right.

Love to be able to sew up some flannel pj's for the dogs. New programmable thermostat and I haven't a clue how to make it warmer in the house.

spiffy

*Sad face* My homemade dog thread I started yesterday disappeared. I guess the forum gods don't like me. Well too bad!!

I'm a newbie in this forum and I'm curious as to why threads are removed. Some explanations will be appreciated.

I'm a newbie in this forum and I'm curious as to why threads are removed. Some explanations will be appreciated.
I don't think it happened on purpose. The forum's going through some technical changes and I think some posts/threads get accidentally dropped. I wrote an intro thread that's now gone... somewhere. Oh well, c'est la vie, I'll rewrite it and post the pictures again sometime.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I know there's been a lot of spammers on here and probably got taken off accidentally when a mod was getting rid of the spam. So sorry.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I've made treats before but not in a while -- a lot of agility trials here give out treats with Qs and if we do run shy nowadays I just dice up chicken or cheese or use the little bag if kibble I keep around for that purpose.

I've made martingale tug leads for agility since I couldn't find exactly what I wanted.

Braided fleece tugs, which are about the easiest things in the world to make. Love it.

Hoping to make rabbit pelt or fleece/rabbit pelt tugs soon.

I made a couple squeaky stuffies (and mended dozens of them) when Kim was a pup but like treats we get a lot of them from agility now so it seems silly to make them when I have two rubbermaids of neverused toys in the attic.

That's about it I think, unless you count customizing an ExPen to be my two-dog setup for agility trials. I make all their meals of course but that kind of just goes along with the raw diet thing.

Honestly, there are few things now I haven't tried to make, I've attempted pretty much all the basics, I make my own training treats (boil turkey hearts, chop, serve, lol) and have made my own dog cookies and even a birthday cake. I've sewn...everything, not saying it was all successful, done a few leather collars, braided show leads, fleece leads and tugs, felted. Here are a few things-

Planet dog toy project: Gus ball on a rope by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

Leather collar, second attempt by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

Blue silk paisley martingale collar by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

Wool ball, #3 by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

SpoonFlower fabric: Dachshund zigzag - Bandana by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

SpoonFlower fabric: Ditzy seasons - Halloween Pembrokes by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

I Heart My Whippet mini martingale quick lead by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

Orange and camouflage handmade dog coat by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

SaraB

I made a lot for the danes mostly because they were huge and everything costs a lot for them. I made collars and coats.

Now with the girls I make fleece tugs and tug leads.

Oh I made 3 fleece tugs for the black and white before he came home. He seems to like-ish them. He is getting more and more into tug as he gets older.

Members online

No members online now.