Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Top Dog

Lol, I would have no idea what to do with lounge lizard dogs.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Top Dog

I'd kind of worry about each dog getting enough attention in a way. When I had four, then 5 for a spell, I always felt like one was getting the short end of the stick a little bit. When Lyric was a pup, I kind of felt like both Chi's were getting ripped off when I spent so much time training him. I really didn't do much with the Chi's besides our daily off leash hikes or walks. But you know your own situation and your own self best and how it would work better than anyone else. I'm just looking at it from my own perspective, I guess. Well....I'm sure you've given all that lots of thought.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
Lol, I would have no idea what to do with lounge lizard dogs.
Enjoy them. They cuddle, they chill, they walk, they hike, they are pleasant. You can still do sports with mellow dogs, just not the same level.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but you may want to try that math again.
It would have to be 7 dogs for 3 on each side of Rory.
DARN IT.

I'm so bad at math and for some reason I was picturing six little ones.
I guess now you put two on either side of Rory.
The papillon can sit in between his front paws

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Paps are very dog orientated. They adore their people but are very content to hang out in a pack. They prefer groups. So coming into your home will be great for her. You will find her more border collie like in energy type then the chis are as well.

Aside from that, if you take her you have to take Riley. She projection puke painted my stair case today and I'm looking to rehome. LOL

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 12-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Enjoy them. They cuddle, they chill, they walk, they hike, they are pleasant. You can still do sports with mellow dogs, just not the same level.
Chill dogs are awesome, as are high energy dogs

I live with 2 very high energy dogs- Rory and Emma. Rylie and Chloe are super chill. Tucker's somewhere in between.

They all get along. We don't have to crate/rotate or separate them. They all eat together, they all sleep together, and the chihuahuas kind of ARE like one. Haha.

I've always known I was going to have a lot of pets, and I honestly wouldn't want any less than 4-5 dogs. It's like when someone has more than 3 kids and people ask "how do you have time for them all?" We do a lot of things in groups, muliple dogs go on hikes with us, and my arms get a little more tired from throwing toys for a few dogs at a time.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Top Dog

We are the same. Anything less than four dogs would just seem empty.

I do always find it amusing that, at least in my experience, no one ever asks someone with multiple children 'How do you handle it, it's unfair to your older children?!" or "you're having another?!" when someone is pregnant. And many times,people admonish "Don't get dogs close in age" Yet, getting another dog is always 'more?! How will you keep up on attention?!" lol. Kids are WAY more attention needing than dogs. My kid wasn't even out of swaddle age when people asked "when are you having more??" Ah...just the one, thank you.

Mind you, I have the Border Collie of children....without the benefit of a "stay" command.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Things are better when they're even... therefore you need a 6th dog.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I think you should fill out the application and see where it goes

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
I do always find it amusing that, at least in my experience, no one ever asks someone with multiple children 'How do you handle it, it's unfair to your older children?!" or "you're having another?!" when someone is pregnant.
lol, I do ask that, actually. Not to anyone's face, but I often think it when the harried mother of 4+ is pregnant again. I see it a lot at my school. The older kids miss out on attention from their parents and act out at school to get that desired attention. Often it's because they have 2-3 little (not yet school aged) siblings at home, and mom and dad have no time for the oldest kiddo.