Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Top Dog

LOL I totally thought this thread was going to be about pitbulls.

In all seriousness though, I adore cresteds! What fabulous personalities!

Also, I've been there, only not in looks. I adopted a "Pitbull" four years ago and while my family adores her and sees how perfect she is in every way, they still think every other Pitbull is a vicious mauling waiting to happen. So I just stopped bringing the issue up in conversation, and proved them wrong with my actions by fostering some fugitives. They all "get it" now.

Srsly though, I love love love nekkids!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

It must be true because people have said Scout's dumb for her tendancy to do the "bark, bark, bark, bark..." when she gets overstimulated. And she is scary intelligent to the point of opening doors, so yeah...
Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Top Dog

Oh, if I had a dollar for every person who had to put in their .02 worth of an opinion when I was planning on getting a Doberman, I'd have a enough $ to buy another Doberman. LOL. I got comments like, "what if he bites someone?" (incidentally, this person's dog bit someone long after I got Lyric. I was told he would turn on me one day, that he'd go crazy because his brain would get squished in his skull. I got told so much crap. I'm talking about people in my family. My Dad..."You can't trust them. They're vicious." You know what I did with all that don't you? I got a Doberman. And guess what. They all ate their words because Lyric was a terrific dog and a good ambassador to the breed. You just let it go in one ear and out the other and do as you please. You hear? LOL.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Can't say anxious is used that often on the crested forum.. but to a point I've read about behaviour owners have accidentally encouraged. Lots of omg big dogs are scary and might eat my small dog, the horror omg my little small dog hide! And now said dog barks, sneers and spazzes at bigger dogs..

Be ready for clingy and needy though. I thought Smudge was attached.. He at least let me pee sometimes alone. Arson never.. needs to be on my lap more than not. Under the covers up my bum in bed currently.

And, sigh, a pain about sneak pooping. Reading the crestie board lots of people have indoor potty problems, not that I believe this isnt fixable, but I keep reading poop in their bed stories ;/

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
That's exactly what my family thinks. Smart dogs are calm, naturally well behaved, not demanding, and don't make a sound.
Elsie is like that... when she's pick-pocketing people.

She took my dad's bait bag off his belt without him noticing, opened it without him noticing, and ate the entire contents... without him noticing.

Stupid.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Oh, if I had a dollar for every person who had to put in their .02 worth of an opinion when I was planning on getting a Doberman, I'd have a enough $ to buy another Doberman. LOL. I got comments like, "what if he bites someone?" (incidentally, this person's dog bit someone long after I got Lyric. I was told he would turn on me one day, that he'd go crazy because his brain would get squished in his skull. I got told so much crap. I'm talking about people in my family. My Dad..."You can't trust them. They're vicious." You know what I did with all that don't you? I got a Doberman. And guess what. They all ate their words because Lyric was a terrific dog and a good ambassador to the breed. You just let it go in one ear and out the other and do as you please. You hear? LOL.
Substitute chhuahua for doberman, and that's how my family was!

My parents have NEVER liked chihuahuas. My mom used to tell me this story about her friend's aggressive chihuahua. When they were teenagers, the dog would chase them whle snarling, and then pee all over their stuff.

Once I brought home my first chihuahua (and every chihuahua since then- haha) my parents have realized how awesome they are.

My sister is 17 and in high school, and my parents allowed her to get her own dog. She ended up getting a 5 month old chihuahua puppy from Emma's breeder- and my parents are in LOVE. My mom can't say enough good things about this dog. They've had her for about 5 months and think she's perfect- smart, sweet, loves other dogs, loves their dog, etc.

I think a lot of people are set in their ways of thinking when it comes to dog breeds. If you're a good ambassador for your breed, people will see how they truly are. And if they don't- screw them You're the one living with the breed, not them!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Top Dog

Oh yeah...."Chihuahuas are aggressive." I get that a lot too. Ho hum...

I'm glad your parents had a change of heart once they saw your dogs. That's usually all it takes. All the arguing and words won't make a hill of beans of a difference. The proof is in the pudding. (or the dog, I should say)
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Top Dog

Everyone in my family, except for my parents, are still convinced that Gambit will turn on me one day, probably one day soon. I think my mother may think it too, but at least she has the grace to keep her opinion to herself.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
Elsie is like that... when she's pick-pocketing people.

She took my dad's bait bag off his belt without him noticing, opened it without him noticing, and ate the entire contents... without him noticing.

Stupid.
Omg that is the best thing ever!!!

Lily is so predictable in her sneakiness. One day at my mom's she disappeared suddenly... I'm like I bet I know exactly where she went. Sure enough, she had snuck off to the sheep barn to eat poop. Thats my little compulsive eater.

Scout is about as subtle as a brick thank gawd. I suspect future puppeh may be into sneaky item hoarding tendancies though, just given the breed.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

I dont have that problem with my family. They are pretty understanding and do not judge any breed. Which is saying something because my mother was terrifed of every dog... before we got keely. Then she liked only small dogs, and 2 years later , my brother brought home a German shepherd. NOw she loves them all, Pitties and cresties and dobes all included . Shes a huge advocate of "punish the deed, not the breed" and doesnt judge based on looks. She has been very open to learning, and is one of the few people i can talk "dog stuff " to .

My inlaws on the other hand......

They are dog and all animal stupid, picky on everything about dogs. They only like a select few dogs . they dont want me and justin to ever get a third dog because its just "too much" .... I guess they dont realize that they do not fricking live with us , actually, they never visit us either, when we see them its at there house, not ours. it really pisses me off . /Rant

So yea, just dont listen to them :P