Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: What is your flavor of smart phone?
iPhone 30 53.57%
Android 27 48.21%
Windows 2 3.57%
Other 1 1.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Custom User Title

LOL, I honestly really like Android, I like the idea of Android, all that, and I'd love to have an android device to play around with, but I don't want an android phone. I'd be too tempted to screw around with it, and at the end of the day, I don't want to do that with my primary form of communication, lol.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Resident fainting goat

Oh and my boss insists all interns have these so I have one of these as well. What can I say? lol they are solid, easy to type, have BBM (messenger you can use all over, see if the message is read etc..), long battery life, no muss no fuss. (they are great assistant/intern phones because we can't just sit on them and play angry birds lol they are a bit work-y)

and MOST importantly they are cheap to replace so you can throw them at your interns (or have clumsy interns who drop them all the time) ...mostly throw them at them.
without fear of breaking them or having to pay a bundle to replace them

We have a drawer full and they are lovely simple little phones my boss give out. Apps suck.. but otherwise..Winning.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Slide out non smart phone ftw! Just so I don't cry when I break/lose it every 3 months.
If my mom didn't pay for my bill every month, I would totally be rocking like...a tracphone

My iPhone is pretty much useless as a smart phone as it is, our data plan restarts on the 18th of every month, by the 1st of every month (so less than 2 weeks) my freaking little sister has used the whole amount of data that we are allotted. It's ridiculous. I mainly only use my iPhone as a gps, and I can't do that with no data!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:00 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I've gone iOS, Android, Android, Android, iOS, and now I want a Galaxy Note II since it's finally out on Verizon, so back to Android. Going from Android to iOS made me scream at the phone many times because it does things that make no sense, but iOS to Android is always smooth, lol. I want to try a Windows phone, but I've played with them and I hate them. Adam has one for work and I just don't like it.

Also, I'd vote but I'm on Tapatalk.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
If my mom didn't pay for my bill every month, I would totally be rocking like...a tracphone
I have a no-contract plan through Virgin Mobile, that is $25 a month for more than I need. They don't offer the plan anymore, but since I have kept it current for the past few years I am allowed to keep the plan. BUT, if you change phone models at all, you have to switch to more expensive plans. I'm just not willing to do that yet! I will stick with my basic phone indefinitely.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Wookie Collie

I'm all about Android in terms of any smartphone I've owned. I do run iOS on my iPod Touch.

I have nothing against iOS and it runs very smoothly. At the risk of offending someone out there, IMO, iOS is for folks who either aren't tech-savvy or don't have an itch to customize.

That's not a bad thing. It fills a niche and results in a lot less customer complaints. You can't easily break anything in iOS (or anything Apple) because of the limitations set down on the devices, and therefore the iOS doesn't break as easily.

Android, you can do pretty much anything with. You can "break" it into doing whatever you want. You can root your phone to run things that it couldn't otherwise run. You can download/change your keyboard layout. You can customize your entire launcher screen (where you scroll through your apps) to show any apps you want and do just about anything you want. It's the closest to Linux you can get with a phone, and that's why I love it.

I haven't used Windows mobile OS at all.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 12-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Can't vote because I'm on tapatalk right now, but I LOVE my Android HTC EVO. Absolutely LOVE it.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 12-03-2012, 12:33 AM
Sport Model Pug

Can't vote as I'm on tapatalk as well.

I have an iPhone 4 and I love it. I have no desire to play around and customize my phone to do things it doesn't do already. It's easy to use and does exactly what I want which is to keep me entertained.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 12-03-2012, 12:45 AM
retriever crazy

android

D.O.B 11/27/10
D.O.B 08/09/12
Old 12-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Top Dog

Android! I have a Samsung Replenish and it's still got Gingerbread, so it's kind of outdated by now. There are many apps I can't run on my phone. It's starting to have reverse-discharging issues and randomly turning off and playing dead, so I will probably have to replace it soon.

I don't seem to use much data, despite using it ALL THE TIME. Data's cheap anyway. I also get free minutes/texts based on my grocery, gas, and pharmacy purchases. So I rarely pay for anything on my phone.