Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm All Ears

I bought everything the weekend before for both of them. I ended up buying all these toys for Summer only to get her home and realize she doesn't play with toys.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I started as soon as I found out? I have 6 months, which is awesome. I can get a little at a time. Stuff like crates and xpens I get to wait until I find good deals, not like people who get them at my work and are forced to pay full price because they have the puppy NOW! lol

I don't plan on getting all that many toys and such until she comes home and I can figure out what she likes. But when I see cool stuff on clearance and such, yeah, I'm gonna buy it!

More than anything right now I am listing. Lots of lists!

So far I've only actually purchased a disc for her

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 PM
orange iguanas.

I think as soon as we put a deposit down on Juno (at 2 weeks old) is when I was like I'M BUYING PUPPY STUFF NOW! I didn't even have a job at the time so the money I had was the ONLY money I had, but I didn't care! I loaded up on toys and bought her a pretty collar and ID tag. We bought a crate pretty early on too. Food we didn't get until like a couple days before she came home.

Next time around I'll go crazier. I didn't know much back then (even though I thought I did) so I didn't buy treats or really anything to chew on. Just some cutesy toys.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Top Dog

Always! What kind of question is that?

Even worse, I have baby toys from the kids that I've saved not totally in case there is/was a number three baking in my oven, but because they'd make good puppy/litter toys. There's a bee that plays music and is on a roller, so if it's bumped or tapped it goes off, lights up and so on, and is really really cute.

How's that for sad?
Old 12-02-2012, 04:22 AM
Top Dog

I'm excited about a new puppy but I don't really buy puppy stuff before he/she is taken home. Except for most of the toys, I have kept the stuff used by my other dogs while they were still puppies so I usually let the newbie use the old things for a while. I buy the new pup's things when I already have a rough idea on the things he would prefer.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:23 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Mom walked into my apartment the other day and said, "Wow. You sure have a lot of dog stuff for not having a dog." LOL I have all of my leashes, training collars, spare collars, treat bags, etc. hanging from my coat rack.

I've been hoarding dog stuff for quite some time now. I have leashes, collars, a crate, a bed, and dishes all just awaiting a puppy. I started keeping spares of things and such when I realized I normally end up with a foster of some kind every year or so, so I didn't have to keep going out and buying things for the foster.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I didn't dare buy anything until I was 100% certain he was coming home.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-02-2012, 05:13 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I would, but I'm not 100% yet on what dog I'll have next. I want a Whippet. A Whippet will be my next breeder dog no doubt. But if I found a dog in rescue or somehow another dog came into my life, I would have all those things and might not be able to use them depending on age/size. So I'll probably wait til I find a breeder/litter to hoard. Otherwise (if its a rescue) I'll probably just get stuff right before or even after I get said dog.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)