Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Top Dog

GO SQUASH!

And pft to badmouthing his second place--Elsie got a high in trial and I don't mention that there was only one other dog competing and they didn't Q.

Except now, lol.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:43 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
GO SQUASH!

And pft to badmouthing his second place--Elsie got a high in trial and I don't mention that there was only one other dog competing and they didn't Q.

Except now, lol.

Aheheh. There was another woman there from the place I train, and she says "Oh you'll learn just not to mention that part. Just say SECOND PLACE" lol.

Here's video. The first station we biffed - he started out with his head in the clouds so I kind of nudged him into position, and I think the judge probably would have forgiven that but then he wasn't supposed to sit. *facepalm* But we recovered nicely, I think. He ADORES the one where you take a big step to the right, so I was happy to see that in the course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Vbtrj2x8c

Old 12-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Twin 1

Attaboy, Squash!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Top Dog

Aii! He is so fun! What a good boy.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:55 PM
such sights to show you

Welp, the dreaded NQ for Squashies today - but in some ways it was as good of an experience for me as yesterday because... nothing really bad happened. I commiserated with a woman who goes to my same training club, and the sky didn't fall.

We did not get half a block away from the venue before he was dead asleep in the back seat, so I think he was just SO tired from yesterday that he got overwhelmed today and a bit stressed out. His default displacement behavior when his head is in that place is to become completely fascinated by anything but me - in this case, a dog in the next ring. Plus I don't have the experience in the ring yet to be able to recover well when things start to go amiss. Live and learn.

I think until he gets more used to trialing, I may only enter him on one day per weekend. Either that, or if he Q's on a Saturday just withdraw from the Sunday and eat the entry fees. When we did the CAT, he kind of did the same thing - the second day I actually thought he might quit the course although he ultimately ended up finishing. So he may just be a one-day wonder until he gets more experience.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Twin 1

I'm glad you're taking it so well. That's exactly how you should see it. Just another learning experience for the both of you!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffStuff View Post
I'm glad you're taking it so well. That's exactly how you should see it. Just another learning experience for the both of you!
Well, I considered dropping him off at the glue factory on the way home, but then I thought... who's gonna close all the drawers around here if he's gone? So I decided to give him another chance.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Well, I considered dropping him off at the glue factory on the way home, but then I thought... who's gonna close all the drawers around here if he's gone? So I decided to give him another chance.
Or chew on the knobs.

That's so great about Saturday! NQ's happen, just ask Zuma who NQ'd 4/4 runs this weekend.

The video was great!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Top Dog

Squash is really cute and it's fun to see him in action. Congrats on his first Rally trial!