and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
I just saw this! OMG sooooo beautiful!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
OMG! I LOVE it!!!!

I was planning on resetting up my 55 gallon soon but just got a 75 gallon so am doing that one first. Your tank is giving me ideas....

and blue rams, those are one of my favorite fish <3
Oooh exciting! There are a lot of SA fish widely available in the industry so deciding to do that kind of biotope gave me a lot of options. I have also always been a huge fan of community cichlids and there really are some beautiful dwarf varieties and eartheaters that you can mix with community fish. When it comes to colour and interesting behaviour, I think cichlids must rank right up there with the best of them.

Be sure to post updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Beautiful tank...

I love clown plecos...they are adorable
If you are a pleco fan I will make sure to post a picture of the new addition I will be acquiring soon. I have been waiting a few months for this guy to become available and his variety are very cute looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
God, there's fish people here, too? This forum is a dream come true.

Gorgeous tank.
Haha there is a small group of us, if you like fish and dogs you will fit right in here Do you have any set-ups running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
JEALOUS OF YOUR TANK

What did you use for the back wall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Sara, I think it's one of these 3D backgrounds:

http://m.instructables.com/id/3D-Aquarium-Background/

correct me if I'm wrong!

I loooove them and have always wanted to make/buy one!
I bought mine second hand but it is not a home-made one, I think it is originally from Pangea or Aqua Terra. I toyed with the idea of making a homemade one but it seemed like a ton of work and I heard of people having issues with chemicals leaking and wreaking havoc on their water params.

While they are expensive to buy, I do think they look so much nicer than a bare background so for any big display tanks I have going at my house I will probably always suck it up and buy one. For the money you are spending to get started anyway and for the work involved, may as well go full out

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
That's GORGEOUS. What a really cool idea for a tank.
Thanks so much

The plants are much fuller now but I had an outbreak of ich that I am still dealing with so the tank looks like a mess. Hopefully if everything gets sorted out soon I can share some new pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.