Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I'd go with A, personally, though that could be because I won't speuter if I can find somebody who would let me keep intact.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Resident fainting goat

I'm happy with my boyfriend. I really am most of the time.

I just feel like I don't have time for him. I feel like I'm describing a pet or something but it's true.
He is so..NEEDY! Like he wants to hang out every day or talk on the phone EVERY NIGHT

The thing is..we both have friends, busy school lives, work.. he is just so much more extroverted than I am. He seems to actually not like being alone.. which is fine because he is fine once he is, but he needs to understand that I can't deal with the clingy.

I don't understand him. Why do we have to study together? You study at your place I can study here. We saw each other less than 24 hours ago.

He practically lives in my apartment. There is a reason I have a studio and live alone. Because I like to come home to my apartment AS IT IS. EMPTY. and I just need to be by myself sometimes!
It just does not compute with him.

"Watcha doing?"
"Nothing I'm just watching TV"
"Want some company?"
"No..not really.."
"Are you mad at me or something? I haven't seen you in 2 days.."

NO I JUST WANT TO WATCH TV IN MY APARTMENT BY MYSELF! It's 2 FRIKIN DAYS. YOU WILL SURVIVE!

"Aren't you lonely?"
"No..."
"But I just want to be with you"
"That's sweet. I want to be with you too but I just kind of want to hang out on my own/go out with the girls tonight"
"..but why?"
"Because they are my friends/I just have some me stuff to do"
".Okkk..I just miss you..I don't get it.."

UGHHHHH

I love you =/= I want to be around you ALL THE TIME.

The weird thing about it is he does NOT fit the typical clingy persona. I mean, he is independent. He lives on his own, pays his own rent, has a great group of friends he loves to bro out with, has hobbies of his own, he is very focused on school...

but the minute we became romantically involved (not started having sex mind you. He was great when it was just friends with sex) but the MINUTE we were girlfriend/boyfriend.. he turns into a different person sometimes!

I am not the kind of person that can be in a couple and have the world revolve around each other. I need my friends, my hobbies, time on my OWN.
I don't think those kind of "you are my entire world" relationships are healthy and they certainly aren't healthy for me!

Boys.
Oy.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

I just feel like I don't have time for him. I feel like I'm describing a pet or something but it's true.
He is so..NEEDY! Like he wants to hang out every day or talk on the phone EVERY NIGHT

The thing is..we both have friends, busy school lives, work.. he is just so much more extroverted than I am. He seems to actually not like being alone.. which is fine because he is fine once he is, but he needs to understand that I can't deal with the clingy.

I don't understand him. Why do we have to study together? You study at your place I can study here. We saw each other less than 24 hours ago.

He practically lives in my apartment. There is a reason I have a studio and live alone. Because I like to come home to my apartment AS IT IS. EMPTY. and I just need to be by myself sometimes!

"Watcha doing?"
"Want some company?"
"No..not really.."

NO I JUST WANT TO WATCH TV IN MY APARTMENT BY MYSELF! It's 2 FRIKIN DAYS. YOU WILL SURVIVE!

"Aren't you lonely?"
"No..."
"That's sweet. I want to be with you too but I just kind of want to hang out on my own/go out with the girls tonight"
"..but why?"

UGHHHHH

The weird thing about it is he does NOT fit the typical clingy persona. I mean, he is independent. He lives on his own, pays his own rent, has a great group of friends he loves to bro out with, has hobbies of his own, he is very focused on school...

but the minute we became romantically involved (not started having sex mind you. He was great when it was just friends with sex) but the MINUTE we were girlfriend/boyfriend.. he turns into a different person sometimes!

I am not the kind of person that can be in a couple and have the world revolve around each other. I need my friends, my hobbies, time on my OWN.
I don't think those kind of "you are my entire world" relationships are healthy and they certainly aren't healthy for me!

Boys.
Oy.
When I first started dating my boyfriend, I was exactly the same way as your boyfriend. I didn't want/need time apart from him. Soon he'll realize that if you want to last long term, alone time is GOOD! Hopefully you can hang in there until he comes to this realization!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Top Dog

Awww Fran, you sound like me haha. My last boyfriend I was getting panicky because he would come over and just like...stay...it would be 3am and I'm like poking him keeping him awake to go home...LOL.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

"Watcha doing?"
"Want some company?"
"No..not really.."

"Aren't you lonely?"
"No..."
"..but why?"

UGHHHHH

Boys.
Oy.
I agree with Locke.

This was a lot of Michael and I's problem. We lived together, went to school together. We were ALWAYS around each other. It got very annoying and tiring after a while, this is when the arguments started.

Let your boyfriend know that you need time alone. It might upset him or hurt his feelings, but in the end, if he wants it to last, he will be glad he gave you alone time.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:01 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

See, I think I'm the way your boyfriend is, Fran. LOL And I've asked Mike before if it bothers him because I really don't want that to be an issue.

But I really DON'T like being alone. I think it would be different if it wasn't just Dameon and I, but as it is, when I'm just sitting at my apartment by myself its depressing. I'd much rather being doing something with him, or someone else.

And if I go a few days without seeing him, I do miss him. But he's the same way, so that's okay. LOL
_____

As to my earlier vent, it is in regards to Chessie breeders in my area. I'm 99% sure that I'll be getting a Chessie unless the right Lab pup just falls into my lap. I just couldn't find the type of Lab I was looking for, and I really do want a more protective breed than Labs typically are.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Top Dog

I have a dog with PRA, and a dog with luxating patellas. Of course neither were gotten from breeeders, but if I was going with a breeder..I'd make sure they health test. I've been kind of turned into a health testing nazi. Believe me, you think it can never happen to you, and then it does and it sucks.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

DOH I packed two shampoos instead of a shampoo and a conditioner.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-01-2012, 03:28 PM
We are Home.

Just having a hard day talking about cutting down the christmas tree and everything and its scary because Ive gotten to the point I can do the things we did with Dad with my kids. We put it off with Morgan because it felt WRONG to do it without dad and now here we are with Savannah getting ready to go cut down her first christmas tree.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 12-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Top Dog

Someone on my FB constantly posts things like 'Things that feel great: when you realize someone's (who is [miserable with their life, petty, or some other adjective]) opinion of you no longer matters. Whoo" or some similar thing. They've been divorced for like a year and a half...they've been dating someone else for a year....obviously these opinions DO matter or you wouldn't constantly post these things. Sweet lord.