Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Top Dog

They sure could fire a pregnant woman, lol. They could just say she wasn't good at her job.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 11-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
They sure could fire a pregnant woman, lol. They could just say she wasn't good at her job.
Unless they have proof (like the woman had a lot of warnings before she said she was pregnant), or some kind of evidence the woman's work isn't satisfactory (like significant client complaints), they're at risk for a lawsuit, and it's unlikely they'd win.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Unless they have proof (like the woman had a lot of warnings before she said she was pregnant), or some kind of evidence the woman's work isn't satisfactory (like significant client complaints), they're at risk for a lawsuit, and it's unlikely they'd win.
This

When I worked in a coffee shop we had a girl who was pregnant and she was HORRIBLE. She decided she had to work night shift and then she would take off to the back room and sit for hours on end leaving the only other person working to pick up all the slack saying "the baby needs to sleep so I can't be moving around". she was RUDE to customers and was abusive to the other employees. I remember one day I came in for my 6 am shift and she was sitting on her butt in the back even though it was busy leaving one single person to run everything. When I came in the cappucino machine was broken so I had to fix it (it was just clogged) and so she had to get up off her butt and take over drive thru window. She threw and absolute FIT and started screaming and cussing me out in front of customers and everything.

I walked out. I don't have to put up with that from a co worker. So I called the manager, told her I was out of there and why, and I left.

After all was said and done and the manager called me to talk about it and talked to everyone else I came back and she was fired. Well of course she took it to the employment board and fought with everything she had. We had to show them all our video surveillance of her, all the employees had to write a letter about what she was like to work with and we had to have some witnesses write letters about their experiences with her as customers. they did end up taking our side and accepted that she was fired because she SUCKED and not because she was pregnant but it REALLY took a lot to get it done. She just figured since she was a minority and pregnant that there was nothing we would be able to do to fire her.

It basically took an act of God but they upheld the decision to let her go because she was a BAD employee

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Top Dog

Had our 20 week ultrasound today! Its a....baby. We decided not to find out the sex. It was really cool anyway. Got to watch the baby move around and practice baby yoga.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Had our 20 week ultrasound today! Its a....baby. We decided not to find out the sex. It was really cool anyway. Got to watch the baby move around and practice baby yoga.

Awww. Yay. . So fun.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Behavior Nerd

Wow that's one of the clearest ultrasound pics I've ever seen - it really does look like a baby!

Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Top Dog

Awesome! I don't want to find out the sex either and everyone's giving me a hard time about it already

Old 11-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Awww. Yay. . So fun.
It was really super cool. Technology is amazing lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Wow that's one of the clearest ultrasound pics I've ever seen - it really does look like a baby!
The tech took one that looks like a creepy alien baby. I'd post it but I don't want to give anyone nightmares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Awesome! I don't want to find out the sex either and everyone's giving me a hard time about it already
People seem to take it as a personal affront - its actually kind of strange. I've had a couple people actually get upset. Luckily both sets of parents think its awesome, they're all into the surprise factor.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

Wow! Super clear picture! Love it! We find out the gender in 4 weeks!

Had my 16 week midwife appointment today-- got reassurance that my bump is still within regulation size and heard a strong heartbeat.

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Top Dog

If anyone has a Destination Maternity in the area - they have a really awesome selection of maternity clothes, some of them are pricey but some of them are much cheaper and they had lots of sales - plus I got a TON of coupons and samples and stuff