Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-29-2012, 09:38 PM
& the Muttly Crew

My usual fully extended flexi/lunging dogs/unsupervised children peeves look so tame now

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 PM
orange iguanas.

Put your dog on a freaking leash.

Seriously I would be so beyond PISSED if I walked into a store with my dog and there was a loose dog. Like that is the kind of situation where I would probably think "oh Juno, you want to growl and lunge at that dog? Today, I will allow it." I mean okay it's not the dog's fault, but sometimes the idiot owners need to be smacked in the face with reality.

And as an employee it makes it awkward for me. Are you going to throw a temper tantrum or not listen if I tell you to leash your dog?

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I swear I thought I had posted in this thread already, but apparently not.

Oh dear... where do I start?

I hate it when clients show up way before we open and just stare through the window watching you and waiting impatiently for you to make an exception and let their dog in early because they want to get to work. Even moreso when they CONSTANTLY look at their watch or phone to check the time.

When clients bring DA dogs in for socialization... ugh... even moreso hate it when we ALLOW clients to bring their DA dogs in... hate that more than anything, but meh I just work there so...

When clients free feed and are appalled that we wont allow their dogs to have food available all day... ummmm this is a daycare setting and that would be a BAD idea.

When clients bring small dogs in for boarding and when we ask them how much they feed they give us a HUGE amount. For example... a chihuahua will come in and they want us to feed the dog 1.5 cups 2x a day... wtf????

When clients board their dogs and don't bring enough food for their dog's stay. This happens often and especially with dogs that have food allergies for some reason. I'm sorry, but you could you maybe measure out the food next time so we aren't scrambling around trying to figure out what to feed your dog?

when my coworkers tsst at dogs... omg that annoys me

Excuse me but when you are standing in the lobby with your dog please HOLD ONTO your dog's leash. I hate coming up to the lobby only to be greeted by a dog that's just running loose in the lobby pulling merchandise off of shelves, etc. We do have some DA/DR dogs that come (though usually they stay in kennels all day for obvious reasons) and if one of those dogs was to walk into the lobby that would spell disaster. Not to mention the front door is so easy to open and it's so easy for a dog to end up out the door, into the parking lot and into the busy street.

When people drop their dogs off for daycare and the first thing their dog does is poop. I swear no one seems to ever walk their dogs before they drop them off at doggy daycare.

When people drop their dogs off for boarding right as we are closing and say, "Oh he hasn't eaten his dinner yet." Great... that means we have to feed and water your dog and wait a little while so we can walk him one more time before he goes to bed... that means we end up staying way longer than we were supposed to.

When we are closed and someone bangs on the door yelling that it's an emergency and it ends up being something stupid. For example. I had just finished closing up for the evening and I was the last one there. I'm a shift supervisor so often times I stay a little later to close up the last bits of stuff, batch out the credit card machine, etc. I had just finished locking the cash register money into the safe and clocked out on my time card for the night when I heard banging on the door. I look up and some lady was standing at the door with a GSD banging on the door and waving for me to come over. Like an idiot I walked over there to see what she wanted when I seriously should have ignored her. She said she had just finished taking a class in our other building and needed to come over to purchase something from our little store. She stood there forever fiddling with merchandise and I asked her if I could help her find what she was looking for. She sighed and grabbed an antler and said that all she really needed was the antler. What. The. HELL???? Seriously lady. You made me stand there for nearly 10 minutes OFF THE CLOCK because you had a supposed emergency when all you wanted was an antler?????? AND I had to unlock the **** lock box to pull out the cash drawer again AND turn back on the computer so I could invoice you. She didn't even THANK me either.

Tonight was a breath of fresh air. One of my clients called to say he was running late to pick up his dog because he was caught in bad traffic. He kept apologizing and I told him it was fine and I'd stay later to wait for him. He finally made it and again apologized like ten times. When I came back up to the lobby with his dog he had a few items on the desk that he wanted to purchase. I rang him up and bagged his items and then he turned around and handed the bag back to me and said "this is for Bamm, Cricket and Joey since you had to stay behind to wait for me." What a sweet man.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I swear I thought I had posted in this thread already, but apparently not.

Oh dear... where do I start?

I hate it when clients show up way before we open and just stare through the window watching you and waiting impatiently for you to make an exception and let their dog in early because they want to get to work. Even moreso when they CONSTANTLY look at their watch or phone to check the time.

When clients bring DA dogs in for socialization... ugh... even moreso hate it when we ALLOW clients to bring their DA dogs in... hate that more than anything, but meh I just work there so...

When clients free feed and are appalled that we wont allow their dogs to have food available all day... ummmm this is a daycare setting and that would be a BAD idea.

When clients bring small dogs in for boarding and when we ask them how much they feed they give us a HUGE amount. For example... a chihuahua will come in and they want us to feed the dog 1.5 cups 2x a day... wtf????

When clients board their dogs and don't bring enough food for their dog's stay. This happens often and especially with dogs that have food allergies for some reason. I'm sorry, but you could you maybe measure out the food next time so we aren't scrambling around trying to figure out what to feed your dog?

when my coworkers tsst at dogs... omg that annoys me

Excuse me but when you are standing in the lobby with your dog please HOLD ONTO your dog's leash. I hate coming up to the lobby only to be greeted by a dog that's just running loose in the lobby pulling merchandise off of shelves, etc. We do have some DA/DR dogs that come (though usually they stay in kennels all day for obvious reasons) and if one of those dogs was to walk into the lobby that would spell disaster. Not to mention the front door is so easy to open and it's so easy for a dog to end up out the door, into the parking lot and into the busy street.

When people drop their dogs off for daycare and the first thing their dog does is poop. I swear no one seems to ever walk their dogs before they drop them off at doggy daycare.

When people drop their dogs off for boarding right as we are closing and say, "Oh he hasn't eaten his dinner yet." Great... that means we have to feed and water your dog and wait a little while so we can walk him one more time before he goes to bed... that means we end up staying way longer than we were supposed to.

When we are closed and someone bangs on the door yelling that it's an emergency and it ends up being something stupid. For example. I had just finished closing up for the evening and I was the last one there. I'm a shift supervisor so often times I stay a little later to close up the last bits of stuff, batch out the credit card machine, etc. I had just finished locking the cash register money into the safe and clocked out on my time card for the night when I heard banging on the door. I look up and some lady was standing at the door with a GSD banging on the door and waving for me to come over. Like an idiot I walked over there to see what she wanted when I seriously should have ignored her. She said she had just finished taking a class in our other building and needed to come over to purchase something from our little store. She stood there forever fiddling with merchandise and I asked her if I could help her find what she was looking for. She sighed and grabbed an antler and said that all she really needed was the antler. What. The. HELL???? Seriously lady. You made me stand there for nearly 10 minutes OFF THE CLOCK because you had a supposed emergency when all you wanted was an antler?????? AND I had to unlock the **** lock box to pull out the cash drawer again AND turn back on the computer so I could invoice you. She didn't even THANK me either.

Tonight was a breath of fresh air. One of my clients called to say he was running late to pick up his dog because he was caught in bad traffic. He kept apologizing and I told him it was fine and I'd stay later to wait for him. He finally made it and again apologized like ten times. When I came back up to the lobby with his dog he had a few items on the desk that he wanted to purchase. I rang him up and bagged his items and then he turned around and handed the bag back to me and said "this is for Bamm, Cricket and Joey since you had to stay behind to wait for me." What a sweet man.
I wanna take you out for drinks, Amber!!!

Also, we had a woman insist we put her two medium sized dogs in the same 48" crate. And that we should feed them together. I know them from daycare and they're nice dogs but can definitely scrap with the best of them.

Yeah, anyway, of course they got into a big ass fight in their stupid crate. Luckily one dog just got a little ear nick and the other is fine, but really? No more, I called her and told her they were just as happy side by side and we would never be doing that again.

ETA: Hey, skittle, how about the clients who say, "Oh my GOD, you just must have SO MUCH FUN every day, just playing with the dogs. I bet it's not even like work."

Old 11-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post

Ugh, one of my last nights at my last store some bimbo was banging on the door yelling "It's an emergency!! It's an emergency!!" So I open the door and she goes "It's a bully stick emergency!" I wanted to be like "Bitch, that ain't real!" >.<

On Christmas Eve last year a woman started banging on the door yelling "My QUAILS are dying!!" Lmao, that was a running joke for a long time. People would draw little quails on everything. (Plus, we don't even sell quail food, lol)

And that customer was AWESOME!!! How cool of him to do that for you.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 11-29-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I wanna take you out for drinks, Amber!!!

Also, we had a woman insist we put her two medium sized dogs in the same 48" crate. And that we should feed them together. I know them from daycare and they're nice dogs but can definitely scrap with the best of them.

Yeah, anyway, of course they got into a big ass fight in their stupid crate. Luckily one dog just got a little ear nick and the other is fine, but really? No more, I called her and told her they were just as happy side by side and we would never be doing that again.
haha drinks? Let's do it!!!! lol. Seriously... the dog daycare scene is just ugh sometimes...

Another fun one for me is when people bring their dogs to board and literally bring EVERYTHING they own for their dog. Seriously... people will bring a few dog beds, a giant bag of food, ALL THE TOYS AND CHEWIES, clothes, etc. We are a small facility and when we have lots of dogs boarding we don't have room for your dog's entire toybox and wardrobe. Not to mention the dogs are not going to wear clothes while they are here. Sorry... but they just aren't... unless of course it's cold and you have a dog that actually needs to wear something to stay warm. Also... we don't give the dogs ANYTHING to eat or chew that they can't consume within 30 seconds. They don't get their toys either. So... when people bring all this stuff it just takes up space.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:47 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Ugh, one of my last nights at my last store some bimbo was banging on the door yelling "It's an emergency!! It's an emergency!!" So I open the door and she goes "It's a bully stick emergency!" I wanted to be like "Bitch, that ain't real!" >.<

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-29-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:

On Christmas Eve last year a woman started banging on the door yelling "My QUAILS are dying!!" Lmao, that was a running joke for a long time. People would draw little quails on everything. (Plus, we don't even sell quail food, lol)

And that customer was AWESOME!!! How cool of him to do that for you.
hahaha quail... ahhahahaha that actually made me snort with laughter!

Ya he is so awesome. He goes to all of our company gatherings with his flat coated retriever. His dog is SO overweight though. I take Cricket to our gatherings usually since she is really well behaved and friendly and he just absolutely adores him. I don't let her jump on people, but I let it slide tonight and she basically gave his face a bath lol. He thinks she is the best dog ever (aside from his own dog of course).
Old 11-29-2012, 11:54 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
What would really burn me is... you KNOW she knew exactly what she was doing. You KNOW she knew that you wouldn't open the door for "I need a bully stick!" but that you probably would for "IT'S AN EMERGENCY!"

Emotional blackmail/manipulation make me so angry. So. Angry.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

PWC, you should have jabbed her in the eye with one. I probably would have.

Also, if you're boarding your dog and you decide to pick them a day later than you planned, fine. But could you CALL us??? Email? SOMETHING?