Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Seagulls do sometimes come up the Mississippi....I have seen them a couple times...not often at all though
Sometimes they run, they run so far away
Old 11-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
Sometimes they run, they run so far away
Old 11-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Felurian

RTH . . . . You're just not right

There's a good population of Bald, and I think some Golden eagles over along the Dandridge and Newport areas of Douglas Lake here, and there was a nest at the farm.

I think the redtails are probably my favorites though. Bimmer had one who hunted with him out at the farm.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-29-2012, 01:56 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

ONce when VIctor was much younger I was driving down the road, windows down. Victor is in the front seat. I am coming up on an intersection when a squirrel runs right out in front and a red tailed Hawk just about came through the window where Victor who saw the whole thing before I did was ready to catch it. He made a snatch at the wing, the bird careened away and I didn't hit anyone. Talk about close. I don't know what would have happened if he had snatched the body or if the hawk would have made it all the way in the window or not. It was freaky. I could watch hawks play on the thermals forever. It was my favorite thing to do when I was little to sit in the field where the horse pasture was and try to see when they would flap their wings if ever. They have to be playing up there, just having fun, how could they not?

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Felurian

The buzzards ride the thermals a lot here, lol. Kharma and Tallulah HATE them with a passion for some reason.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

ó Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
RTH . . . . You're just not right

There's a good population of Bald, and I think some Golden eagles over along the Dandridge and Newport areas of Douglas Lake here, and there was a nest at the farm.

I think the redtails are probably my favorites though. Bimmer had one who hunted with him out at the farm.
That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me Thanks

I saw a Golden once out west, but almost so long ago I can barely remember. Lots of immature baldies around that look similar, but smaller and don't have feathers all the way down their legs. From a distance I can't really tell. I just assume they are all immature bald eagles around here.

I like watching the Mongols hunting with the Goldens, very cool how they use them.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Love My Mutt <3

NO SEAGULLS? I'm moving to Missouri.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

I saw this on my news feed today and thought I would just put it here instead of opening a new thread.

"Leu, the leucistic bald eagle has migrated to Beaver Lake to spend the winter yet again. For a fourth year in a row, Beaver Lake has been blessed with this magnificent bird. We donít know a lot about this eagle, like whether itís a male or female. It is estimated that Leu is somewhere between 5-8 years old. He/She is a mature eagle therefore is at least 5. What we do know is that he/she is absolutely gorgeous and we love the fact that Beaver Lake has become its wintering home. Leu is a very rare eagle; according to Cornell University Leu might be the only living bird of his/her kind. Leucism in birds is a fairly common occurrence but for it to be in a bald eagle and to this degree makes it that much more special. A couple tips for those who may come across Leu or any other bald eagles while out on the lake. Please keep your distance. Try to get your pictures while putting minimal pressure on the birds. All of us here at Beaver Lake are thrilled to have Leu back in town and we just had to share the news!! Thank you Patsi Henderson for providing such great pictures as always!!"

To see more pics of Leu "LIKE" our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/beaverlakeusace

Eagle by ChrisandErinn, on Flickr
Old 12-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Felurian

That is a spectacular bird, Airn. Thanks for sharing it.

ó Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Breathtaking and WOW.Thank you so much for sharing. I can't wait to show Hyia. She has been watching and watching for our eagle but so far no reappearance for us. A neighbor saw it however. I would fall over with joy if I saw like the photo you posted.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,