Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-27-2012, 10:15 PM
PWCorgi's Avatar
PWCorgi PWCorgi is offline
Priscilla Winifred Corgi
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Twin Citay!
Posts: 14,639
Default

He hasn't seen any other cats while he has been here!

I would definitely suggest fostering before bringing one home, especially since he probably hasn't seen another cat since you found him. Even just with new people in the apartment he can be quite timid (until you hand them the da bird, of course ).

Plus once you get him back I don't think you're going to want another cat for quite some time. He's turned into a bit of a monster
I think Megan was quite appalled last night when we were eating and even with 4 people sitting at the table who were placing him back on the floor, he still managed to spend most of dinner on the table and even got some ice cream I have never seen an animal with such a high level of determination!
__________________

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi


*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-27-2012, 10:26 PM
skittledoo's Avatar
skittledoo skittledoo is offline
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
He hasn't seen any other cats while he has been here!

I would definitely suggest fostering before bringing one home, especially since he probably hasn't seen another cat since you found him. Even just with new people in the apartment he can be quite timid (until you hand them the da bird, of course ).

Plus once you get him back I don't think you're going to want another cat for quite some time. He's turned into a bit of a monster
I think Megan was quite appalled last night when we were eating and even with 4 people sitting at the table who were placing him back on the floor, he still managed to spend most of dinner on the table and even got some ice cream I have never seen an animal with such a high level of determination!

hahahaha your description of him sounds like a freaking bengal lol. Ya I definitely would rather foster first... mainly to see how Whiskey is with other cats around, but also to get an idea of what life would be like with three dogs and two cats running around... definitely don't plan to get another cat for a while... maybe another year or two... maybe longer depending.

Have you been doing more clicker sessions with him? Does he seem to like it?
__________________
Joey- Ibizan Hound
Cricket- Mexican Street dog (we think Xolo mix)
Bamm- BC mix
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-27-2012, 10:33 PM
PWCorgi's Avatar
PWCorgi PWCorgi is offline
Priscilla Winifred Corgi
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Twin Citay!
Posts: 14,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
hahahaha your description of him sounds like a freaking bengal lol. Ya I definitely would rather foster first... mainly to see how Whiskey is with other cats around, but also to get an idea of what life would be like with three dogs and two cats running around... definitely don't plan to get another cat for a while... maybe another year or two... maybe longer depending.

Have you been doing more clicker sessions with him? Does he seem to like it?
He loves playing around with the clicker!
I probably slow him down, he definitely doesn't catch on like Frodo, it's so different trying to work with him! Mainly I think he just wants me to shut up and feed him

He also has an awesome recall. You call him from anywhere and he comes running. That I do love.

Here's my list of things you must have before he comes home:
-da Bird (and a couple refills for when he kills them )
-Nature's Variety Raw Boost kibble (he thinks this is crack, I train with it)
-Covered litter box (Holy hell I don't think any cat could make a bigger mess. He comes out of the litter box and SHAKES LIKE A DOG! What the heck are you doing in there dude?)

That's all I got, lol!
__________________

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi


*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:07 AM
skittledoo's Avatar
skittledoo skittledoo is offline
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,577
Default

Omg the litter thing was annoying since we didn't have a covered box yet. I don't know if he still does it but he used to actually play in the litterbox and throw litter everywhere. I was vacuuming around the box every single day. He used to also bring his toys to the litterbox with him.

I definitely have to get Da-bird. The store down the street from me sells them. I actually think it looks fun. I was watching YouTube videos the other day of cats playing with Da bird and some of them would catch it and hold tight and growl at it lol. Hilarious!

I have to order a cat crate for him still for when I'm at work since he is such a troublemaker. There's a 4-level one I want through pet edge and my dad is giving me carpet pieces so I can carpet the levels. I'm pretty positive that one will fit a covered litterbox.
__________________
Joey- Ibizan Hound
Cricket- Mexican Street dog (we think Xolo mix)
Bamm- BC mix
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:47 PM
RedHotDobe's Avatar
RedHotDobe RedHotDobe is offline
aka RedHotBabe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,364
Default

I wish we could have kitty playdates. I think my two not-so-kittens would think Whiskey is awesome. They throw toys in the toilet, dig water out of the toilet, pull tissues out of the box, knock everything off tables, eat any food that is laying out, sit on me and climb on the table while eating... They could all be best friends!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:39 PM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,544
Default

You are probably the only person I would recommend a Bengal to. . . You'd love it. After being auntie to a Bengal for almost two years now, I can tell you that I would not go there. Ever. Kipling is not typical of the breed, though - he has constant anxiety issues (poosplosions. everywhere), as he matured he became a medium-energy cat. He is also dumb as a box of rocks. He makes Middie look bright. He's very atypical of the breed, but has turned me off of them completely.

I looooove how he feels, though. Like a fine layer of silk on steel. And they really do sparkle!

Gratuitous Kipling pictures:


IMG_6842 by noludoru, on Flickr




IMG_6853 by noludoru, on Flickr'



IMG_6865 by noludoru, on Flickr
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:33 PM
skittledoo's Avatar
skittledoo skittledoo is offline
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
I wish we could have kitty playdates. I think my two not-so-kittens would think Whiskey is awesome. They throw toys in the toilet, dig water out of the toilet, pull tissues out of the box, knock everything off tables, eat any food that is laying out, sit on me and climb on the table while eating... They could all be best friends!
Depending on how Whiskey does after meeting some cats that would be a fun idea. We would have to figure out the best way to introduce them though since I know sometimes cats can be a little different about it then dogs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
You are probably the only person I would recommend a Bengal to. . . You'd love it. After being auntie to a Bengal for almost two years now, I can tell you that I would not go there. Ever. Kipling is not typical of the breed, though - he has constant anxiety issues (poosplosions. everywhere), as he matured he became a medium-energy cat. He is also dumb as a box of rocks. He makes Middie look bright. He's very atypical of the breed, but has turned me off of them completely.

I looooove how he feels, though. Like a fine layer of silk on steel. And they really do sparkle!

Gratuitous Kipling pictures:


IMG_6842 by noludoru, on Flickr




IMG_6853 by noludoru, on Flickr'



IMG_6865 by noludoru, on Flickr
God that cat is freaking gorgeous! You're right though, his behavior sounds way opposite of your typical bengal. I love my cats almost dog-like and higher energy and boisterous. I think that's one of the biggest things attracting me to bengals even more so then their looks even though they are stunning animals.

Don't know if you saw any of the recent photos of Whiskey that Lauren posted... I'm wondering if his stripes will end up disappearing or not.
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197950 and http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198461

and some of his baby pics
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157961
__________________
Joey- Ibizan Hound
Cricket- Mexican Street dog (we think Xolo mix)
Bamm- BC mix
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-11-2012, 12:33 PM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Depending on how Whiskey does after meeting some cats that would be a fun idea. We would have to figure out the best way to introduce them though since I know sometimes cats can be a little different about it then dogs sometimes.



God that cat is freaking gorgeous! You're right though, his behavior sounds way opposite of your typical bengal. I love my cats almost dog-like and higher energy and boisterous. I think that's one of the biggest things attracting me to bengals even more so then their looks even though they are stunning animals.

Don't know if you saw any of the recent photos of Whiskey that Lauren posted... I'm wondering if his stripes will end up disappearing or not.
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197950 and http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198461

and some of his baby pics
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157961
They will stick. He is not black - he's a rare color called smoke. I think it's somewhat similar to a dilution gene. You can google search it to see pics. It's veeeeery sought after in MCs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site