Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

My mom is getting a Nexus 7 tablet, case, and Google play gift card

My dad is getting Harley Davidson gear

One sister is getting a bunch of stuff from bath & body works, her husband.. Uhm, not sure, my nephew is getting the Lego ninjago battle dragon set.

Other sister is getting yankee candle stuff and her husband is getting some Eddie Bauer sweaters/shirts.

Dan isn't getting anything because we're going on vacation together and I have no idea what to get him.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
That one is PERFECT if you want to wrap I will say though alot of people say they dont get as long a use out of it if they have chunky babies. I never used it because FL heat and a extra knit fabric....kill me now.
Thank-you. Any suggestions for carriers as they get older and heavier? My youngest baby is 18 so I am out of the loop as far as baby stuff, but I will be spoiling the grandbaby so I need to learn some stuff.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Top Dog

I just got (meaning I got about a week ago and asked my family every day if it came, and Mom just now "found it while cleaning her office") my kid's in need's lists.

I got a 12 year old boy, who just wrote he likes football and board games

And an 11 year old girl who asked for an Mp3 player and Baby Alive doll, so I'll choose one of those, probably Mp3 because I think an 11 year old would only get minimal use out of a baby doll.

The boy will be hard because I don't know what teams/players he likes, or what type of games or who he has to play them with

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Top Dog

Milo, what about a pair of receivers gloves? Those could be for any team, and my husband LOVES to play flag football with his I'd go to Target probably and buy a few of my favorite little games--Phase 10, Rummikub, etc. Games that can be understood by 7 year olds but mastered by 27 year olds

I'm struggling with my adopted family too. I'm supposed to buy them a toy, an educational item, and clothing, but I can't get in touch with the family to get clothing sizes or interests. All I know is that they are 6 and 7, and they both want bikes, which I purchased (and helmets to go with them). Mom wrote "need warm clothes" but did not put sizes and does not speak English...so I think I just have to give them a gift card to walmart (the only store near where they live) and hope they have transportation there and use it for the kids...
Old 11-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Aware

Gah, I haven't quite decided yet. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

The Boy - a custom knife, a knife sharpening kit, socks, and one more thing that I haven't decided. He changes what he wants very quickly, so I have to try to guess ahead when getting him things.

Dad - a new floor lamp, since the dogs kinda took out his last one... haha. Some candy and nuts and things, as always.

The Kraken - a massage.

Brother - The Boy and I are splitting the cost of a cheap laptop for him.

Not really getting anything for people outside of my immediate family this year, since work's been slow lately. I do love shopping for other people, though.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 PM
orange iguanas.

I have no idea!! I seriously can't believe it's almost December already. It snuck up too quickly and now I have to start worrying about Christmas lol.

I don't usually buy Christmas presents because I've never really been in a position where I could afford to, but I think I'll be okay to swing it this year so we'll see what I end up doing last minute lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-25-2012, 10:39 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaJD View Post
Thank-you. Any suggestions for carriers as they get older and heavier? My youngest baby is 18 so I am out of the loop as far as baby stuff, but I will be spoiling the grandbaby so I need to learn some stuff.
Mei Tai! You can get a cheap (under 40) one that holds my 30 lb 2 year old and it can be worn by me or my husband and is easily switched between kids. You can get up to 200 dollars easily for a carrier if you are crazy. (like me )

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-25-2012, 10:42 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Milo, what about a pair of receivers gloves? Those could be for any team, and my husband LOVES to play flag football with his I'd go to Target probably and buy a few of my favorite little games--Phase 10, Rummikub, etc. Games that can be understood by 7 year olds but mastered by 27 year olds

I'm struggling with my adopted family too. I'm supposed to buy them a toy, an educational item, and clothing, but I can't get in touch with the family to get clothing sizes or interests. All I know is that they are 6 and 7, and they both want bikes, which I purchased (and helmets to go with them). Mom wrote "need warm clothes" but did not put sizes and does not speak English...so I think I just have to give them a gift card to walmart (the only store near where they live) and hope they have transportation there and use it for the kids...

Walmart will let them exchange it even without the receipt but they get a gift card anyway :|. I would just get them a size 6 and a size 7 with adjustable waist.

ETA or even a size up in adjustable. If they are too long they can be rolled up.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Active Pup

My older sister is getting nothing because we don't talk.
My mother is getting nothing because I've bought her tickets to come to Ontario twice this year and she blew me off both times. She can drive down here to pick up the last four years of Christmas presents if she really wants to.

My younger sister is getting two female guinea pigs (she's been begging for three years, I've already spoken to her legal guardian about it and she's fine with it) as well as everything they need.

little brother twin 1 is getting all the harry potter books and a lego set.
little brother twin 2 is getting a new skateboard and some hoodies from west 49 (you can SO tell their personalities apart just by what I'm getting them... lol)

Grandmother is getting wine. She always gets wine, maybe I should give her some tequila to mix it up HAHA.
Other grandmother is getting odd hats. She likes odd hats.

Father is getting some Toronto Maple Leafs memorabilia (much to my distate -.- I'm a Canadians fan aha.) His wife and her sons are getting nothing, because they stole my dog 8) But I'll be sending him some treats along with my dads presents.

My uncle just recovered from his second major heart attack, so I got him a book about recovering from heart attacks and living healthier from then on, as well as some cat supplies as he's not doing too well and I don't want him to have to give up his pets.

My great grandparents are getting yankee candles and wine. Everyone loves wine, woo!

My significant other... well, we're both tight on money, so I made him a scrapbook of our past year together as well as a large glass picture frame with a collage of photos of us in it. I'm pretty proud, I think he'll love it

His mom is getting some house decor and a timmies card. His mom's boyfriend is getting a timmies card. His great grandmother is getting some house decor and something else, I haven't decided yet.

my mice are getting a tank upgrade, going from a 20 gallon to a 29 gallon l tank. They'll appreciate the digging room, I'm sure.

Cousins are getting socks and cards. I'm running out of money haha!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Srsly don't know.

So far the other half a onesie like this:

And some PJ bottoms and a dressing gown.... exciting eh.

Other than that I have no idea. I only buy for immediate family, so at least that's a relief.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein