Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 AM
and Fozzie B!

Has anyone's dogs been acting weird since they got pregnant? Fozzie seems much more affectionate. He sniffs my tummy all the time, and he occasionally licks me, which he NEVER DOES.

Gonzo on the other hand has been driving me crazy! Every time I leave the room, he is hunting for food to steal. Frank drinks milkshakes all the time since his jaw is still wired, and Gonzo has become a milkshake addict. He will knock it off the coffee table right in front of Frank if I leave the room!!! The living room carpet is now covered in milkshake stains and I have to get a professional carpet cleaner to get them up. He will steal a sandwich right off my plate if I leave it on the counter and turn around. It's insane. Yesterday, my friend came over with his puppy so I told Gonzo to go into my room. He went in, heard the door, and bolted back out through my legs... knocking me over. I caught myself thankfully, but in the process slammed my foot into the wall. My 3 smaller toes and foot are now completely purple and I'm pretty sure my toes are broken. Wtf??!! I knew he was going to trip me at some point, he's always under my feet and darting around all creepily these days. I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant, or he's senile, or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Ok, being forced to sleep on my side sucks. I'm sorry stardogs, I hate it and I hope you adjust easier than I am. I keep waking up halfway on my stomach feeling like there's a softball in my spine. I guess the spud doesn't like being squished.
Omg it's so awful!!! :< and it only gets worse.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
Has anyone's dogs been acting weird since they got pregnant? Fozzie seems much more affectionate. He sniffs my tummy all the time, and he occasionally licks me, which he NEVER DOES.
This was so Strider. He was doing this within 2 weeks of me being pregnant, before I ever knew. For some reason he loves pregnant ladies. He likes to lay his head on their bellies and listen to the babies. lol
Old 11-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Top Dog

Where did everyone buy maternity clothes? I looked at Sears and a few other places and they had a really minimal, unpleasant selection...I might try Target.

I particularly need a pair of maternity skinny jeans that will fit someone with long legs. Or sweaters/shirts long enough for a tall person to wear with leggings.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-24-2012, 06:40 PM
We are Home.

Bealls Outlet. Target is $$$

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

Target's (regular) clothes here are as cheap as anywhere else except Goodwill/Salvation army if you hit a sale. We don't have Beall's, and the one I go to when I visit my cousins doesn't seem all that cheap...

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-24-2012, 06:47 PM
We are Home.

Weird I got them all the time for $5-$6 bucks at Bealls.

Old Navy is another good place.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Bite Club

I got some second hand old navy stuff that was pretty nice. I did splurge a few times to get some staples for work (dressier clothes) and for that I went to two maternity stores that we have here - Motherhood and Thyme.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Top Dog

I got some stuff from motherhood maternity that was on sale, my mom got some from thrift stores and my MIL got some from...I don't know where actually. Lol. Have you checked craigslist? I got 5 pretty much new shirts for 15 bucks.

Also belly bands are my best friend. I'm still wearing pre-prego jeans comfortably. And I get to walk around with my pants unbuttoned. Aaaaall daaaaay.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Top Dog

I went with Old Navy. But I have luck with their clothes in general
Old 11-24-2012, 10:02 PM
We are Home.

I know we have alot of Dr Who fans on here and some are about to be parents sooooo I had to post this!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/11585779...pond-11th-doll